Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The unofficial "when do I get my FSD beta update" FAQ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm sure this has been asked a bunch of times, but I'm not finding a clear answer based on recent developments on FSD. How do I know with certainty that I will or will not get FSD if I subscribe for a month. We have a road trip planned in a couple weeks and I'd love to have it for that trip, but I don't want to spend the money only to discover I'll only get Enhanced Auto Pilot. Last time my app reported, I was 98 safety score, though it doesn't tell me anymore.

I'm sure this has been asked a bunch of times, but I'm not finding a clear answer based on recent developments on FSD. How do I know with certainty that I will or will not get FSD if I subscribe for a month. We have a road trip planned in a couple weeks and I'd love to have it for that trip, but I don't want to spend the money only to discover I'll only get Enhanced Auto Pilot. Last time my app reported, I was 98 safety score, though it doesn't tell me anymore.
The window to get in is open now, but we can't tell you when it will close or when it will open back up again.

Long story short no one can promise you anything. By time you enroll and get 100 miles for a safety score enrollment could be closed and you would have to wait. So do it and try not definitely no promises and no one can tell you.

Long story short no one can promise you anything. By time you enroll and get 100 miles for a safety score enrollment could be closed and you would have to wait. So do it and try not definitely no promises and no one can tell you.
Understood. I guess I'll just have to deal with my wife's frustration if I "waste" money, again... We tried this once before and failed.

Understood. I guess I'll just have to deal with my wife's frustration if I "waste" money, again... We tried this once before and failed.
I waited over 6mths (97+ score) and was finally added yesterday to the FSD BETA. Definitely was not impressed. So just a heads up, even if you get in, the "waste money again" statements will remain for another 5yrs or so. =/

Reactions: Fiver
I keep trying to warn people that FSD Beta is NOT what you think it is. Some people are desperate to get into FSD Beta and then disappointed when their car doesn't drive perfectly, makes basic driving mistakes, or inconveniences other drivers around them.

FSD Beta is a serious commitment and requires constant vigilance. You will be engaging and disengaging it constantly, and reporting issues as they happen. You'll be learning areas where it excels, and areas where it fails, and you'll be intervening in those areas when appropriate. You'll have routes you take regularly and compare with each version to see progress and regression.

If you want FSD to drive you around flawlessly, with very little error, or without having to put up with all the testing and reporting "nonsense", then please wait for Autosteer on City Streets to be released out of Beta and stay in the general code branch.

I keep trying to warn people that FSD Beta is NOT what you think it is. Some people are desperate to get into FSD Beta and then disappointed when their car doesn't drive perfectly, makes basic driving mistakes, or inconveniences other drivers around them.

FSD Beta is a serious commitment and requires constant vigilance. You will be engaging and disengaging it constantly, and reporting issues as they happen. You'll be learning areas where it excels, and areas where it fails, and you'll be intervening in those areas when appropriate. You'll have routes you take regularly and compare with each version to see progress and regression.

If you want FSD to drive you around flawlessly, with very little error, or without having to put up with all the testing and reporting "nonsense", then please wait for Autosteer on City Streets to be released out of Beta and stay in the general code branch.

I just got access to FSD Beta this morning and completely agree with everything you said, but I'm also in NYC where it shouldn't be allowed to be enabled IMO.

Cant wait to give it a test in the suburbs over the weekend, but fully expect it to treat it as a UAT experience.

Last edited:
Trade in my Model X for a 2022, lost beta FSD and got a safety score of 98/99 the first week (since September 2), still maintaining a 98, and still have NOT gotten FSD Beta. Am so frustrated. It should have transferred in the first place, as it should stay with the driver/account, not be lost when you upgrade to a new model. Any ideas on when I can expect to get it back?

• Informative
Reactions: TSLA Pilot
Trade in my Model X for a 2022, lost beta FSD and got a safety score of 98/99 the first week (since September 2), still maintaining a 98, and still have NOT gotten FSD Beta. Am so frustrated. It should have transferred in the first place, as it should stay with the driver/account, not be lost when you upgrade to a new model. Any ideas on when I can expect to get it back?
I'm guessing your new 2022 is running software 2022.28.x or later. If so, you'll have to wait for FSDb 10.69.3 to be released, which should be operating using the 2022.28.x thread (or perhaps even later). Many of us are who are on the 2022.28.x thread are impatiently waiting for 10.69.3 so we can gain access to FSDb...

Reactions: S54Chris
I’ve been on 2022.28.2 for a while now, and with “advanced“ software update preference, this is unusual behavior, so I’m hoping Tesla is purposely holding it back for 10.69.3. ,
I'm growing more convinced this is the case. I was always one of the first to receive the updated software pushes since I bought my car last March, and I haven't gotten a push for quite a while now (I'm also on 2022.28.2). When Elon announced he was expanded the FSDb pool by 60,000 users, I was so excited to be getting it! But one of the other forum members said that those of us who had continued to get the "normal" updates were not truly in line to receive FSDb, and that's why we continued to receive "normal" pushes. Once we had been tagged to receive FSDb, the updates would stop until we got the latest FSDb update. This seems to be playing out for me (hopefully).