Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The "Value X": Order Placed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So the wife says time for a new SUV. My brother having a MS made me a believer. Tesla was kind enough to provide us with a 2 day loaner and that really helped with the decision process. There's not many options that she was interested in. In the end the only additional item added was paint. Otherwise it's all stock and standard down the list. Her commute is 60 miles roundtrip daily. We live in the Chicago area and even considering the worst of winter weather there's no way I can see a 90% charge not working out.

Model X 75D: Midnight Silver Metallic: 20" Wheels: Black Textile Interior: 5 Seater: No EAP or FSD

The option not to get EAP was one I discussed in anther thread. As long as I've known her she doesn't use cruise control ever, let alone steering assistance. When trying it on the demo she was getting so confused I tighten up the seat belt and told the OA better stop this and just let her drive the way she knows. So $5k on a bet she'll start using it now? Maybe, but easy enough to add on later. When we saw the textile seats at the Tesla center it was the clear choice for us.

Order placed 2/17. We are super excited to join the Tesla family.

WELCOME
MS is our third EV and it enjoyable AF
My wife has never cared for cars but anything Tesla she gets excited. Finally gets me about sexy cars.

We are also debating ordering a MX before the fed credit expires. Textile vs premium interior is a tough decision. Any insight?

Congrats. The only option I had to have was upgraded interior, personal preference. I've had a loaner with textile on multiple occasions and it's fine though.

Feel the same on EAP, my inventory build came with it so I just paid for it rather than ask to have it removed. However, my wife is terrified to use it and she does 100% of the driving when we are together so it only gets used when I'm solo, still glad I have it.

Reactions: Sonic_78
WELCOME
MS is our third EV and it enjoyable AF
My wife has never cared for cars but anything Tesla she gets excited. Finally gets me about sexy cars.

We are also debating ordering a MX before the fed credit expires. Textile vs premium interior is a tough decision. Any insight?

SB, it was our preference for the textile seats. The bolsters are leather-like but I’m not sure how they’ll wear over time. Our hope is the textile will holed up better. Also, the wife did not see the value in the added cost for the leather. It was nice to experience the difference of material at the SC.

SB, it was our preference for the textile seats. The bolsters are leather-like but I’m not sure how they’ll wear over time. Our hope is the textile will holed up better. Also, the wife did not see the value in the added cost for the leather. It was nice to experience the difference of material at the SC.

Textile is awesome, you will love it.

I ordered exactly like you did except I splurged for the 7 seats (the kids are excited for our tesla minivan). My buddy think it's hilarious I wouldn't pay for leather or a different colour. I figure I can always activate the self driving feature down the road. Picking it up Easter weekend. Hope you enjoy yours!

Value Tesla's are great choices. You get all the goodness, but it is easier on the budget.

Fabric seats look and feel great. The new, uncorked, 75's give fantastic performance, and good range.

Even Elon has stated that one of his goals was to provide vehicles, even at the base lever, that will please and delight the owners.

Most all reviews are touting this $150k+ Model X’s, which can be a bit of a turn off for those without bottomless back accounts. It’s good to point out one can actually get a new X for half of that.

Yeah, everybody’s response to me getting an mX has been where you getting £140k from, on one hand everything thinks I’ll be driving an even more expensive car and on the other surely they know I’m not that well off.

Like you I’m just sooo excited for mine to arrive, welcome aboard and as mentioned plenty of pics

We have this exact configuration (except with EAP) and LOVE IT! Just added some 22” Turbines and now it looks/rides great.

The base seats are awesome, the only other seat I would consider is the white ones but even after have loaners with the leather-ish seats I’m always thrilled to get back to my uber comfy textile seats :)

Reactions: FlyinLow
We’re still waiting to take delivery. Living in SE Florida there is no way in heaven I would every want a car with a black interior. We would have been happy with the base fabric if it had been available in a lighter color. We’ve chosen the beige, as it should require much less energy to cool the car during hot summer days.

We’re still waiting to take delivery. Living in SE Florida there is no way in heaven I would every want a car with a black interior. We would have been happy with the base fabric if it had been available in a lighter color. We’ve chosen the beige, as it should require much less energy to cool the car during hot summer days.

Good choice. My other car has beige interior and yeah it doesn't soak up the heat all that bad.