Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Verge: Ford sued over how horrible its MyFord Touch system is

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My biggest gripe with MFT is the lagginess and latency. It may have a more "polished" and "sophisticated" look than my 2011 Sonata, but my car blows it into the weeds in terms of snappiness and responsiveness. I don't know if the "fade in/fade out" effect on MFT was to make it seem smoother, or to cover up how painfully slow it is. I'd rather have a sharp, immediate transition.

Ford developed the application that runs on the windows automotive OS. A dozen other OEMs use the same OS and have no complaints. Ford apparently outsourced the whole app development ... you know rest of the story.

Sounds like the Karma. I did like that Ford led the way with this more modern approach to the dash UI though. They also had the foresight to allow upgrades via USB stick and were proactive in mailing those out to owners free of charge. It would see that their heart is at least in the right place.

The wife has an Edge, and yes MyFord Touch is horrible.

I've done two major updates on it which required me downloading files onto a USB drive and then sitting in the (running) car for an hour in the driveway while it updated. I have to admit, the system is more responsive and less buggy now, but the feature set is weak and the design seems like it borrows inspiration from a Fisher Price toy.

If I could do it again, there's no way I would have paid extra for that headache.

The wife has an Edge, and yes MyFord Touch is horrible.

I've done two major updates on it which required me downloading files onto a USB drive and then sitting in the (running) car for an hour in the driveway while it updated. I have to admit, the system is more responsive and less buggy now, but the feature set is weak and the design seems like it borrows inspiration from a Fisher Price toy.

If I could do it again, there's no way I would have paid extra for that headache.

You had to burn gas and foul up the fresh air along your driveway just to do a software update? Luckily it wasn't done in your garage...

Well, that's pretty wretched, but sued???

That is lame. You want to sure FoMoCo, I'll give you something to sue about.

I am reeking of diesel all over, as I just spent a horrific mid-day to evening under my F-350 replacing (successfully, finally) the primary fuel filter....which is located INSIDE!!!!!! the frame rail, and takes a 35mm socket to loosen - about 100 turns as you have zippidyzero clearance, and is directly connected to the fuel tank so you are guaranteed to splash 38 gallons of diesel all over you and your garage floor when you replace it.
Now, that is bad engineering and that is actionable. And every other Ford owner of this vintage can attest to same.