Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Volkswagen I.D. Is The Electric Future Of Compact Cars With A 373 Mile Range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• VOLKSWAGEN I.D. ELECTRIC CAR SIDE VIEW FOR 2020.jpg
    VOLKSWAGEN I.D. ELECTRIC CAR SIDE VIEW FOR 2020.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 156
An informative interview about VW plans with Christian Senger (manager e-mobility) - in German: electrive.net » „Wir müssen in den Erstwagenmarkt.“ – Teil I des Paris-Interviews mit Christian Senger, Leiter der Baureihe e-Mobility bei Volkswagen.

He is quite adamant that a car, possibly not too far off what is shown below, with ranges up to 600 km (NEDC), will be launched 2020. The model as shown below serves to test user reactions. He stated that first reactions are very positive and chances are that they can continue development along that line.
VW-ID-BlauesLicht-1000px.jpg

He is quite adamant that a car, possibly not too far off what is shown below, with ranges up to 600 km (NEDC), will be launched 2020
Wow, more EV happy talk from the company that deliberately cheated emissions testing with millions of their cars. VW should spend less time talking about what they are going to do 4 years from now and more time doing something now, because they are falling farther and farther behind Tesla with every passing year.

Reactions: StealthP3D
Wow, more EV happy talk from the company that deliberately cheated emissions testing with millions of their cars. VW should spend less time talking about what they are going to do 4 years from now and more time doing something now, because they are falling farther and farther behind Tesla with every passing year.
Yep.

How do you say "blah, blah, blah" in German ?

How do you say "blah, blah, blah" in German ?

Simply drop the "h": "Bla, bla, bla".

I think the ID will be a great car - except that it will be two years too late on the market.

The European car manufacturers should really try to get their new electric cars by 2018 into the market, because this will be the year the new 300 kW CCS charging network should be working on several european transport/travel corridors.

Mercedes Benz seems to be a little bit quicker, because their Mercedes EQ is supposed to hit the market in 2018:

They have just started a couple days ago to build a battery plant. Charging will be 300 kW CCS of course and (a lot slower, I guess) induction - the latter could be very sexy I think.

At least in one market segment VW seems so be ahead of the competition; their E-Crafter will hit the market in 2017:

• Funny
Reactions: EV-lutioin