TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

The Waiting is Killing Me!!

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by msteinbeck, Apr 24, 2015.

1. msteinbeck

msteinbeck Member

I don't know how you all have done it. I put down my deposit and confirmed my Order on April 10th and received my VIN on April 20th. The thought of waiting another month for my car is unbearable. Now mind you I have actually been waiting since 2012 when I first read about the car and began saving so this final home stretch should be a breeze but it just feels like the days are dragging on.

So what helped you pass the time from Order to Delivery. I've been spending countless hours on TMC and refreshing myTesla a dozen times a day hoping for an update.

Any tips? :-(

2. Johan

Johan Took a TSLA bear test. Came back negative.

Welcome to Teslamotorsclub.com! :)

You've finally come home. Get comfortable, you're going to spend a considerable amount of time here. ;)

3. marty2112

marty2112 Member

Congrats! Buy an inventory car, no wait at all. That's what we did!

Kidding aside, we had reserved a Model X and after driving the S, we couldn't wait. I've been bullish on TSLA since 2012... :smile:, so maybe we can have an X join the S in the garage next year....

Love our P85 with all the goodies.

4. RMan

RMan Member

I have found my kindred spirit. Finally, after countless hours researching, learning and dreaming on tmc, we ordered a 2015 S85D last Sunday. Confirmed the order on Wednesday. Currently waiting for the VIN and to begin tracking on mytesla.com. June seems years away.

The world is indeed a small place. msteinbeck, as we lived in Danville from 1986 until we retired in 2013. Great place for a Tesla.

5. JakeP

JakeP S P4996 / X P6028

Reservation placed Sep 14, 2011...car delivered Jan 10, 2013 Sixteen months of agony offset by near-constant perusal of TMC forum, followed by twenty-seven months of blissful ownership. Your time will come! I am sure you can keep yourself busy on TMC until delivery, obsessing about things like car-cleaning products, Xpel wraps, center consoles, key fob protectors, 6.2 firmware idiosyncrasies, you name it!

6. JMG

JMG Member

You are in good company. I was in your shoes about 6 weeks ago and I thought I'd never make it. But the mini milestones make it exciting (VIN date, getting paperwork finalized, insurance, production start, production complete, transit, etc.). My DS just emailed me and said my MS arrived today (after a delivery truck breakdown in W Texas). So tomorrow at 1 we shall meet!

The only thing that could quench my thirst for Tesla was just inhaling all the information I could from all corners of the internet. That will tide you over!

7. andydoty

andydoty Member

Oh, how I can relate! Twice!!! P85 has grown into a P85D.

8. Krugerrand

Krugerrand Active Member

Alcohol.

Congrats!

9. msteinbeck

msteinbeck Member

It is a great little town. I absolutely love it even though I work in San Jose, but I love where I work and love where I live.

- - - Updated - - -

Congratulations on your new Tesla. I bet these last 24hrs will be the longest. Good luck on sleeping tonight.

10. Patrick W

Patrick W Member

Too much time on the forums. Checking status in my "My Tesla" account several times a day. Annoy conservatives with endless talk of a green car (be prepared for pushback on that one). Watching the near endless supply of Tesla related YouTube videos. Reading and rereading, rereading and rerereading the owners manual. :) Oh and don't forget to get the garage wired and "Tesla proof" the garage (kind of like child proofing a house before arrival of a new kid). And give some thought to if you want a spare tire or not.

FWIW my S85 went into production 3 days ago so I hope the rest of my wait will be short.

11. dkonigs

dkonigs Member

I definitely started the garage cleanout project, almost immediately after placing my reservation. (Don't park my current car in my garage, but no way in hell I'm parking a Tesla outside on the driveway.) However, I'm likely to procrastinate finishing that project until maybe a week before the as-yet-unknown delivery date. Thankfully its just moving some boxes around at this point.

12. Patrick W

Patrick W Member

Turns out less wait than I expected. I just logged on to my My Tesla account and it's now saying the car has finished production and is en route!

So how long from the factory to Salt Lake City?

Here's the chronology for those who might be interested:

Attached Files:

13. AMPd

AMPd Active Member

Im in the same boat! My car should be ready middle of June!

a month and a half away! It seems like it'll take forever!

My solution is on is to go on vacation. Hopefully that'll take my mind off the car and pass the time quicker

14. Ardavan

Ardavan Member

I think it's nice to get excited about something. It took exactly 7 days from my email stating it entered production to delivery. I live in Chico about 4 hours from the factory. Happy trails.