TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

The Waiting Period Causes Bad, Bad Things

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by MiddKid, Mar 7, 2014.

1. MiddKid

MiddKid Member

- Ordered P85 2/10
    - Confirmed S85 2/22
    - Was happy about the decision
    - Even made a post about being content: .. reconfirm for P85? - Page 2
    - Delivery date set for 3/29
    - Just sent the email asking to upgrade to the P85 again...ahhh!!! Weakness!!!

DS said he sent the request to HQ and it usually takes 48 hours to confirm a change. So obviously there is a chance I waited too long.

Evil, evil waiting period!!!!

2. Cole Avenue

Cole Avenue Member

I feel your pain. I went from S85 to P85 and added dual chargers during the waiting period.

No more changes for me though, production is complete and I'm scheduled to pick it up on March 17th.

3. ohmman

ohmman Maximum Plaid Member

I went from S85 to P85, added dual chargers without the HPWC, and then ordered the HPWC after all. So yes, agreed. Once production is fast enough to keep pace with orders, I'd suggest they keep the wait. :smile:

4. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Active Member

Other companies pay salesmen, Tesla uses time. Tesla is an experiment in cost-minimization.

5. MassX1317

MassX1317 Addicted to TMC

I ordered and confirmed a week before you and will get my car 3 weeks after you.

You will get your car in about 35 days from order....mine will take over 60 days.

I should have ordered a P and switched to an S85! Brilliant!

6. Alysashley79

Alysashley79 Member

Its never to late to make a change until your car actually enters production! You won't be sorry about the upgrade. If you've been waffling and thinking then go P. It's something you'd always wonder about. Now our cars really can be twins. And I found another grey/black MS in maple valley. He owns bike masters. :)

7. lloyds

lloyds Member

I always stick with my initial gut call. :) congrats for making the right decision for yourself!

8. MiddKid

MiddKid Member

I always wondered how this would work but from the day I placed my order online it said late March. Then when the DS contacted me we set up the date for 3/29. Didn't seem like the S vs P made any difference. That being said, I'm still a bit on the "believe it when I see it" mentality...I'm planning for early April.

9. commasign

commasign Active Member

I'm impressed with how flexible Tesla has been. I added the folding mirrors, red calipers, and twin chargers, and changed from aero wheels to cyclone wheels after confirming my order. And it had no effect on my delivery date.

10. Muzzman1

Muzzman1 Member

I agree! This waiting period is trouble!!

Is it possible to simply get a P inverter rather than all other options? My car goes into production within a week (I estimate)
    I'm tempted to upgrade to "P" but I do not want red calipers, 21" etc.

If so. How much?

11. commasign

commasign Active Member

Probably not. They started bundling the spoiler, red calipers, and alcantara with the P85 in November 2013. But still worth asking Tesla. Worst they can say is no. The 21" wheels are not required though. Many people have P85 with 19" wheels these days.

12. ohmman

ohmman Maximum Plaid Member

They'll ask you if you want the red calipers. I opted out of them. There's no discount for that - black and red are the same price. I kept the spoiler and headliner, though.

13. darthvdr

darthvdr Member

If it does not hurt the bank, go for the P or P+, it is worth it.