Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Waiting Period Causes Bad, Bad Things

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
- Ordered P85 2/10
- Confirmed S85 2/22
- Was happy about the decision
- Even made a post about being content: .. reconfirm for P85? - Page 2
- Delivery date set for 3/29
- Just sent the email asking to upgrade to the P85 again...ahhh!!! Weakness!!!

DS said he sent the request to HQ and it usually takes 48 hours to confirm a change. So obviously there is a chance I waited too long.

Evil, evil waiting period!!!!

Its never to late to make a change until your car actually enters production! You won't be sorry about the upgrade. If you've been waffling and thinking then go P. It's something you'd always wonder about. Now our cars really can be twins. And I found another grey/black MS in maple valley. He owns bike masters. :)

- Ordered P85 2/10
- Confirmed S85 2/22
- Was happy about the decision
- Even made a post about being content: .. reconfirm for P85? - Page 2
- Delivery date set for 3/29
- Just sent the email asking to upgrade to the P85 again...ahhh!!! Weakness!!!

DS said he sent the request to HQ and it usually takes 48 hours to confirm a change. So obviously there is a chance I waited too long.

Evil, evil waiting period!!!!

I always stick with my initial gut call. :) congrats for making the right decision for yourself!

I should have ordered a P and switched to an S85! Brilliant!

I always wondered how this would work but from the day I placed my order online it said late March. Then when the DS contacted me we set up the date for 3/29. Didn't seem like the S vs P made any difference. That being said, I'm still a bit on the "believe it when I see it" mentality...I'm planning for early April.

I'm impressed with how flexible Tesla has been. I added the folding mirrors, red calipers, and twin chargers, and changed from aero wheels to cyclone wheels after confirming my order. And it had no effect on my delivery date.

I agree! This waiting period is trouble!!

Is it possible to simply get a P inverter rather than all other options? My car goes into production within a week (I estimate)
I'm tempted to upgrade to "P" but I do not want red calipers, 21" etc.

If so. How much?

Probably not. They started bundling the spoiler, red calipers, and alcantara with the P85 in November 2013. But still worth asking Tesla. Worst they can say is no. The 21" wheels are not required though. Many people have P85 with 19" wheels these days.

Is it possible to simply get a P inverter rather than all other options? My car goes into production within a week (I estimate)
I'm tempted to upgrade to "P" but I do not want red calipers, 21" etc.

If so. How much?