Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The washer fluid dribble

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone else have issues with their left (top) washer jet? The right side for me comes out as a full stream. The left side is always just a little dribble. Then the left blade scrapes and chatters against the window. This can't be how it's designed, could it? My SC said they saw it working the same way on other 3s.

if you take yr car in for service, make sure you demonstrate to the tech the behavior you are seeing, and explain that this is not normal.

I did my 3 year service on my S a few weeks ago. my car is having a dribble come out of the driver's side washer jet, and NOTHING on the passenger side, I explained this to tesla service over the phone, but did not demonstrate it to the tech (or check the washer situation when I picked up my car after service) and...

you guessed it...

the issue was not addressed, even though they said they looked into it.

i'm going to bring the car back to them in a few days as soon as my schedule clears up.

Does anyone else have issues with their left (top) washer jet? The right side for me comes out as a full stream. The left side is always just a little dribble. Then the left blade scrapes and chatters against the window. This can't be how it's designed, could it? My SC said they saw it working the same way on other 3s.

Similar situation here. Very fine spray on the left, dribble on the right. Not sure which is correct but assume they should be the same on each side. SC took a look, replaced the wiper blades (why?) and said it was working as expected. Screen does actually clear good with the spray/dribble combo so not too bothered.

I see the exact same problem, but I've always had it since I bought the car in October. It wasn't until we got hit with a bunch of snow that the dribble on the driver's side became a problem. I assume it's not supposed to be this way? I want to get this fixed but my dealer is 3.5hrs away, so I kinda don't want to deal with them. Think this is something I can fix?

Unfortunately, I think it's by design. I tried clearing out the left nozzle with a pin and that got it to change to a mist instead of a dribble, but I still feel there should be more of a blast. I don't understand why the wheel had to be reinvented here.

I observed the same behavior and had a tech come out and take a look at it a month or so ago.

She showed me where the tubing is split out of the washer jet motor and said that there's nothing further that can be done to make one side stronger than the other. She did check the hose for kinks and made sure there were no clogs in the jet openings.

My guess is this is just a design shortcoming. For whatever reason one side gets more pressure than the other. They should have used a higher pressure motor so that both sides got adequate output. In my case the only reason I even observed the issue is I was using my wiper fluid a ton to clear off salt sprayed roads and it became apparent quite quickly that the passenger side was getting cleaned much better than the driver side.

Tesla thinks the car will drive itself in another few months so pretty good chance they don't give a crap.

Reactions: AmateurX