Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Wayback Machine: TeslaMotors.com, when you first discovered Tesla/reserved your S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TheAustin

Model X 90D (Former Model S P85)
Sep 12, 2011
The Hamptons
So, this is kind of fun...The Wayback Machine A.K.A. Internet Archive project was created to archive everything on the web, to essentially capture snapshots of every website throughout time. So I thought it would be fun to remind myself exactly what I saw when I first found out about Tesla, and the Model S.

Now, as I've mentioned elsewhere on here, I first heard about Telsa after seeing a Roadster on an episode of the TV show Chuck, which aired on March 29th, 2012. This is what the Tesla website looked like around that date:

Tesla Motors - High performance electric vehicles. Available now.

Way down there, under Noteworthy, is the link to: The Tesla Model S, now taking reservation...Which brings us to the first look at the Model S:

Tesla Motors - Model S

Ladies and gentleman, for me, it was love at first sight...

A couple of months later, I put my reservation down...By that time, the Model S was being featured in the main page:

Tesla Motors - High performance electric vehicles. Available now.

And the rest, as they say, is history...Just over 1 1/2 years later, my Model S was delivered :)

What about you? You can use this calender link below to pinpoint a specific year and date to see what the Tesla Motors website looked like, for when you first learned of Tesla:

Internet Archive Wayback Machine

I don't remember when I originally looked at the web site, but I do remember these numbers...
base price of the Tesla Roadster from $92,000 to $98,000
... with the $6,000 being the non-charter-city "tax".

Tesla Motors

After a few days of drooling, I mused "if they ever get a business man in there to make an electric Taurus, they'll take over the world."

They ended up going after the BMW/Lexus/Mercedes market first, and Bluestar will likely be somewhat smaller than a Taurus.