Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The World is at stake, and the stock changes on NOTHING

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought I understood why the stock market existed. I thought it was a commodified "Shark Tank" for everyone. Built on the principle that if you liked something you could financially back it and hopefully make a profit.
But here we have Tesla, perhaps the savior of global warming. And a significant segment of our society is trying to kill it. Or at least that is what I think.
I don't think a single one of these talking Bear heads wants Tesla to fail for any reason except that they are being paid by all the entities which make money from ICE Vehicles and Fossil Fuels.
I can't figure out how rational humans would continue to short a stock. well Unless they were being paid to slow Tesla down in attempt to keep the money flowing for oil and ICE companies to keep making profits, and if they get their "Bull Performance" they will kill Tesla regardless of what the impact on the planet will be.
I'd really like when a bear is asked their position that the host would ask them about the pollution of ICE and fossil fuels, and whether Tesla Vehicles are better than the competition.
it strikes me as implausible that anyone would come on a public forum and state that they want Tesla to fail.... I can see shorting the company if they think it will, but it is unethical and immoral to promote such a position.
The shorters must be paying with someone else's money. And getting paid to do so.

The first one is free. Tesla is not the savior of global warming. They are a business, beholden to their shareholders to do everything in their power to make them money. Period.

If there are some environmental factors that happen to intersect, it is purely coincidental.

Anyone downvoting is doing so based on some sort of moral superiority complex or a fundamental misunderstanding of how publicly traded companies operate.

Enjoy your Tesla-feels but don’t get it twisted.

You have a fundamental misunderstanding of...many things.
You are RIGHT...we all do.
But what I believe is that large corporations that are firmly entrenched are recruiting people to try and make TSLA fail just so they can have a few more years of profit, and perhaps catch up to where Tesla is now...or even destroy Tesla to continue making money while destroying this World.

Tesla is not the savior of global warming. They are a business, beholden to their shareholders to do everything in their power to make them money. Period.

Apparently you missed the major shift of corporate focus announced by the Business Roundtable:

Summary from the NYT:

Nearly 200 chief executives, including the leaders of Apple, Pepsi and Walmart, tried on Monday to redefine the role of business in society — and how companies are perceived by an increasingly skeptical public.

Breaking with decades of long-held corporate orthodoxy, the Business Roundtable issued a statement on “the purpose of a corporation,” arguing that companies should no longer advance only the interests of shareholders. Instead, the group said, they must also invest in their employees, protect the environment and deal fairly and ethically with their suppliers.​

Actually I was thinking last night this may help Tesla in around 10 years...

When Tesla is perhaps 20% of the global auto market many other car companies or merged car companies will be seeking government assistance and / or tariffs..

But in 10 years time, there will be much more public agreement that Climate Change is a real problem, Tesla will derive considerable good will from working for a long time to solve the problem, being successful, and in some cases being a significant local employer.

Hence making rules which penalise Tesla or even keeping rules which penalise Tesla may be political suicide. I don't think our normal assumptions about how governments act to support local industries apply.... Tesla will simply be too big, too successful and too popular....

Shorters are motivated by greed and perhaps a desire to slow progress, or a dislike of progress.. Regardless of their motivation, they have already lost... short term price movements are no big deal....

I am a bit of an optimist, but I even think there are many positive signs, and potential moves Tesla can make, that are not always covered, even on this bullish forum... Tesla has the ability to surprise even some of us on the upside... The doubters and critics are in for an even bigger surprise, the criticisms are generally not well founded.. Not that Tesla is perfect, no company is ever perfect, but I can't recall ever seeing a company with so many big opportunities and so little genuine competition.

Last edited:
Reactions: MichaelP90DL
On the Berlin giga article there was this writer who chimed in, If I didn't have a dream girl I'd look her up..well if I was 40 years younger.

EVA FOX
I'm a big fan of Tesla, as I worry about the future for my child and for future generations. Tesla's mission is to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy and I'm passionately striving for this goal. I’m tired of the daily deception from Tesla’s haters against the company, so I strive to spread true information and the latest news about Tesla.

The first one is free. Tesla is not the savior of global warming. They are a business, beholden to their shareholders to do everything in their power to make them money. Period.

If there are some environmental factors that happen to intersect, it is purely coincidental.
Lol....how long have you been following this company, 10 minutes? The mission is the gameplan and the revenue is coincidental.

Agreed lafrisbee, the shorts make no sense nor do the haters and others that get on social media to complain about problems with their cars. I honestly believe that Tesla tries their best and has their "eye on the prize" of the bigger picture, planet wide impacts. We just need to be more understanding and take more of a "if you have nothing good to say its best to say nothing at all" approach rather than talking about issues and scaring other people away from buying.

Reactions: MichaelP90DL