Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Worm is Gone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ranger came out today to do the airbag recall, and the worm is gone,

Attachments

• ADD512CA-626C-4B86-B258-FA10B0E626EB.jpeg
    ADD512CA-626C-4B86-B258-FA10B0E626EB.jpeg
    379 KB · Views: 552
Interesting. Ranger came out Monday to replace the air bag for the recall, and specifically told me that they all still have the worm as its the way the air bag is made (to open and come out in accident).

He agreed it sucks and is unsightly... but it is what it is.

Just had the airbag recall done and it has an even more pronounced worm lol. They also didn't snap it in at all so the entire module flew out and almost in to my lap while accelerating hard. LOL!
Not that funny. This happened to me and I nearly crashed when it flew out at me. Imagine getting into an accident when your whole airbag housing is in your lap…

You should be yelling at your local SC.

Not that funny. This happened to me and I nearly crashed when it flew out at me. Imagine getting into an accident when your whole airbag housing is in your lap…

You should be yelling at your local SC.
Yeah I only laughed in disbelief because I had read about your scary experience. My first thought was they had my car over a month for various things and how could they not have noticed the airbag cover wasn't seated whatsoever and was completely loose. Had I not read about your experience I probably would have freaked out more. I realize it was incredibly dangerous. I was able to fix myself in less than 30 seconds but they sent a mobile tech immediately to my house to verify no wires were pinched when I snapped it back in. All good now. I'm pretty sure the service manager realized how bad of a mistake this was and how dangerous it could be. I doubt they make that mistake again.

Reactions: Alex Philips
Yeah I only laughed in disbelief because I had read about your scary experience. My first thought was they had my car over a month for various things and how could they not have noticed the airbag cover wasn't seated whatsoever and was completely loose. Had I not read about your experience I probably would have freaked out more. I realize it was incredibly dangerous. I was able to fix myself in less than 30 seconds but they sent a mobile tech immediately to my house to verify no wires were pinched when I snapped it back in. All good now. I'm pretty sure the service manager realized how bad of a mistake this was and how dangerous it could be. I doubt they make that mistake again.

Same for me. They expedited a repair tech to my house that day. They recognize that's a lawsuit in the making, I'm sure.

I have a January 6th build and the worm was visible but not too bad on delivery. I figured, oh well, it's a thing, I'll live with it. Now at the end of May, the worm is almost invisible. I haven't done anything to it, it just seemed to decrease as time went by. I know it's there and sometimes look for it, but I can barely see it now and only if the lighting is just right. I'm 4000 miles in and still crazy in love with the car.

• Informative
Reactions: Alex Philips