Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Wrecked Roadster Registry

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
#963:
P0963-5YJRE1A34A1000963-MikeMaloney.png

P0963-wreck3.jpg

Yes, that has been my opinion - that Roadster was "under-braked" for the power / torque. And rear-ending someone else was one of the possible hazards of driving them. If you have a Roadster and see another group buy for upgraded brakes, I would vote you get them.
Already done. Highly recommended!

For anyone else who may be interested, the new batch thread is here: Custom Tesla Roadster 2-Piece Slotted Rotors, NEW batch for 2019

I don't think anyone (possibly not even Tesla at this point) has complete records on percent lost.
I think with 2g network shutdown, Tesla may have lost contact from these Roadsters, so no way for them to keep tracking ones that go offline.
This thread gives a look at some wrecked Roadsters that happened to show up at public auction and get noticed, but there are many more "off the radar" we don't know about. We also don't know for sure how many of those wrecks may have been repaired and put back in service.
So, I think it would just be speculation at this point to try to estimate some number. I haven't even tried to calculate that.