Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Wrecked Roadster Registry

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I sent the pics to @CM_007 to see what he thinks.
If the airbags went off in the X5, at what speed did he hit you with that 5000lbs vehicle?
Hallmark careless driving, road is dry…
I can guess it’s distracted driving with 95% probability, cell phone usage at 85% probability.
My wife got hit in our ‘20 Y 2 weeks ago, woman playing on the phone… it was a 5mph impact, left a screw mark in the black unpainted plastic under the bumper. 4th such accident for us at various speeds, always dry road. This has to stop!
Excuse me while I turn green…

Drewski,

How's the head and neck/back? What did the doctors have to say?

Don't know if that vehicle is fixable... unfortunately, looks like extensive damage. BTW, what were you hauling in your trunk?

Drew got pretty banged up and will be in a neck brace for a while. I'll let Drew expound on this himself, but it sounds like he shoiuld ultimately be okay. Very lucky indeed, particularly in light of the severe damage to the Roadster!

Based on the type and number of beverages in the trunk, I would venture a guess that he was returning from Costco.

Drew got pretty banged up and will be in a neck brace for a while.
Thanks for the update @spiderguy.

@drewski – ugh, sorry this happened to you and your beautiful Roadster :eek: but glad you'll ultimately be okay and were able to walk away from that accident. #1038 did her job and absorbed the damage to keep you safe. I'm sure Dr. Medlock will make her right again for you! Also good to hear you got yourself checked out so please keep us posted. Wishing you a speedy recovery and a hefty payout from their insurance company.

@drewski, my question is obviously insignificant, and I apologize for my poor memory, but is this the car into which I helped put the brake light indicator mod? If so, you might want to trade the third brake light unit between cars.
This is the one that you put in the brake light mod. Definitely can't do the contortions in the passenger footwell now (something with the VDS?)

This is the one that you put in the brake light mod. Definitely can't do the contortions in the passenger footwell now (something with the VDS?)
The activity in the footwell was to update the GPS firmware to correct the date, which involves connecting the update cable I made to one of the cables that normally connect to the VMS. That's unrelated to the brake light mod, of course, but we did both in the same visit. Fortunately we don't need to update the firmware again for another 19 years.

Reactions: drewski
Congrats on not ending up with a C3-4 ACDF. They AREN’T fun. Take it easy in the C collar, be careful if you have to drive while in it, at one point CA liked pulling people over for suspected DWI if the driver was wearing a collar.

thank you @buckets0fun I have no idea of what "C3-4 ACDF" is but, ATM, don't really want to know.

just trying to keep things together without a complete mental breakdown . . . the last few days have been . . . stressful . . .

i hope it's something that I will not have to look into, but i will keep your points in mind and avoid driving at all for the foreseeable future. i appreciate your knowledge and expertise.