Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The X60D is discontinued

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The 60kw battery option for the X has been discontinued and no longer appears on the Tesla Motors configurator in the UK or the US.
Glad I ordered when I did because the 75 took the car over the price point I could live with for a second car. My guess is that the 60 was just there to build orders for the trading quarter, it appeared at the beginning of July and disappeared at the end of September.
If it hadn't we would have gone for a Mercedes GLC, as it is I am really excited at getting a second Tesla and I keep checking My Tesla to see if I've got a VIN (still waiting!)

The 60kw battery option for the X has been discontinued and no longer appears on the Tesla Motors configurator in the UK or the US.
Glad I ordered when I did because the 75 took the car over the price point I could live with for a second car. My guess is that the 60 was just there to build orders for the trading quarter, it appeared at the beginning of July and disappeared at the end of September.
If it hadn't we would have gone for a Mercedes GLC, as it is I am really excited at getting a second Tesla and I keep checking My Tesla to see if I've got a VIN (still waiting!)
I have to agree that it's starting to appear like some luck has come into this. My original concern about the new premium car tax coming from April accelerate my visit in the summer with the wife to see the X . The availability of the 60D with the option to pay to upgrade later to 75 helped convince my wife that if were going to press the trigger then now was the time. Since doing that at the beggining of August the price of autopilot has gone up by £400, then followed by all the price increases across the board and finally the removal of the 60D option. I recon it's saved me with my options about 4K and that's not taking into account I wouldn't have been able to buy the 60D. So assuming tesla don't let us down on the delivery scheduled for Feb then it's worked out that delaying ordering often doesn't pay. Now Elon please make my car the suspense in waiting for it is driving me mad.