Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Y rear is ugly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Somebody needs to get a good shot of that hitch receiver.
screenshot-2019-11-01-at-8-41-10-pm-jpg.485083
The hitch (if available in US) will certainly be a decision maker for switching from Model 3 to Model Y.

It's not great, but neither is other Teslas and even most crossovers for that matter. Also, have you seen the BMW X4/X6? Any new Mercedes car (except the wagon)? Audi and Porsche are pretty much the only common vehicles that all look really good these days (Genesis and Alfa are incredible, but also not common), since BMW went on their bucktooth bigger is better grille fest.

It's not great, but neither is other Teslas and even most crossovers for that matter. Also, have you seen the BMW X4/X6? Any new Mercedes car (except the wagon)? Audi and Porsche are pretty much the only common vehicles that all look really good these days (Genesis and Alfa are incredible, but also not common), since BMW went on their bucktooth bigger is better grille fest.

Just goes to show we all have different tastes - I don't mind the Audis (except for the silly wannabe ford mustang rear turn indicators), but all the Porsche SUVs just remind me of athletes who retired and got fat.

very few cars are good from all angles .. though I think some of the Audis get close (A4 maybe). The model 3 is pretty good, though the back windows seems out of proportion to me eye (the lower sill is too high). Otherwise I think Tesla in general is pretty good looking.

Reactions: Reborn
The hitch (if available in US) will certainly be a decision maker for switching from Model 3 to Model Y.

One can buy a hitch (not from Tesla) for almost any car, and Tesla is no exception. I have a third party hitch on my S, have had it since it was new, tow a small trailer with it on occasion. I wouldn't doubt that I could buy one for my 3 also, so in my humble opinion, the availability or non availability of a hitch should not determine what you buy, but what fits your needs. Most people don't tow much or tow often enough to worry about it. Unless you live in Europe, where everybody tows anything with anything. I saw a Honda Civic towing a horse trailer, with a horse in it (not the Civic). Luckily we live in America.

Any hitch on the 3 will not have much towing capacity, nor will any hitch on the Y. What bothers me is the yayhoos who want to haul a house trailer with a Yugo and get all upset because the motors burn up. Many people don't have much common sense.

• Funny
Reactions: APotatoGod