Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Y rear is ugly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any hitch on the 3 will not have much towing capacity, nor will any hitch on the Y.
Most people would use it to put a bicycle or a ski rack, especially because of the glass roof,
people are afraid to put a bicycle rack on the roof in case you forget you have one and hit the garage door.

In some countries in Europe, third party hitches are illegal, it's why the Model 3 has this option there.

Reactions: OUengineer
Does anyone even consider the Japanese cars when looking at pretty? I guess the Z car was pretty nice in it's day.

Someone say Z car!

Attachments

• 6680DD58-72B7-45C2-8F29-145D2234B127.jpeg
    6680DD58-72B7-45C2-8F29-145D2234B127.jpeg
    769.9 KB · Views: 90
When I look at a Y I think of it as the Model 3's chunky monkey sister. She is kinda pretty...but compared to her sister?

Just look at them together, seriously? Someone has to speak the truth

Scooters? Chicks? I'm trying to remember...help me here.

(I'm going to hear s*** about this, I know. All in good fun.)

Screen-Shot-2019-10-30-at-1.20.52-PM-e1572470339422.jpg

Tesla-Model-Y-First-Impression-1200x900.jpg

No idea if I'm in the minority or not, but having owned a model 3, and subsequently selling it earlier this month while awaiting my delivery next week for a Model Y, I actually find the looks/aesthetics of the Y to be superior to the 3. The reason I originally chose the 3 vs the S or X back when I purchased it in October 2019 was because of the price point. I just can't justify spending close to 100K on a depreciating asset, and I didn't want to buy used. If the Y had been in the lineup at the time I bought my 3, I wouldn't have even considered the 3 over the Y. I personally find the 3 to be the least attractive car in the Tesla lineup, but that's just my personal taste. At the end of the day, get the one you like the most, after all you are buying the car for YOU, not others!

Edit: I also need to find out how to update my user name to SCarolinaMYGuy!

I'm a bit disappointed with the towing hitch. When it's uncovered, it's really ugly. But covering and uncovering it is not only tedious but has some risk of damaging that plastic cover. You can buy a hitch light that makes it functional when uncovered, but it doesn't fill all the space around the actual hitch. I wish someone would make a cover that was easy to install and remove as needed, and maybe had a light.

The S is elegantly stunning.

The 3 is one of the sharpest but mundane looking cars you’ll see, however part of that is knowing how capable it is. Different LED and hood would go a long ways imo.

The Y has really grown on me. It’s similar to the 3, but more unique. Almost muscular.

The Raven X performance is much better in person. Earlier standard X are minivan whale like.

I'm a bit disappointed with the towing hitch. When it's uncovered, it's really ugly. But covering and uncovering it is not only tedious but has some risk of damaging that plastic cover. You can buy a hitch light that makes it functional when uncovered, but it doesn't fill all the space around the actual hitch. I wish someone would make a cover that was easy to install and remove as needed, and maybe had a light.

These actually work really well. There is video of them in use here at the bottom.

Model Y Hitch Cover Removal Tools | LivingTesla

100% agreed.. Something.. There is one that looks like it is a Bat-a-Rang.. So far i have resorted to cutting all the clips off except one on each side has made it much easier to take on and off.

Reactions: Electric Steve