Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Yoke Lover’s master thread! 😀😍🥰😘

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Otto Pilot goes perfect with the yoke...
1658750443314.png

3) Visibility. Not just the objective side where there is definitely a unobstructed view (for me for the first time in a car) but the subjective side of the feeling of the openness.

6) I can tell which way the wheels are pointed with my eyes closed.
I love the yoke. Did not think I would at first and even researched alternatives... Had alternatives not been available, probably wouldn't have bought the car.

But in less than 3 miles I was hooked. I don't understand why those that hate it cant seem to believe that people out there exist that truly love it?

I understand and am OK with them not liking it, I get it, it's not for everyone but accusing us of not really liking it or having some weird ulterior motive for praising it.... Just don't understand why its hard for people to believe that we exist.

My main reasons are #3 and #6 as well as liking the extra bolstering in the hand positions area.

Last edited:
I love the yoke. Did not think I would at first and even researched alternatives... Had alternatives not been available, probably wouldn't have bought the car.

But in less than 3 miles I was hooked. I don't understand why those that hate it cant seem to believe that people out there exist that truly love it?

I understand and am OK with them not liking it, I get it, it's not for everyone but accusing us of not really liking it or having some weird ulterior motive for praising it.... Just don't understand why its hard for people to believe that we exist.

My main reasons are #3 and #6 as well as liking the extra bolstering in the hand positions area.
Put the Koolaid down Fanboi! You know you're obliged to hate the yoke and that deep down inside you really do hate that you're obliged to really really hate it. I have no doubt that you're like all the others here that actually do like the yoke (including me) but this open-mindedness approach to the yoke is making me sick! Do you really think you can have your own opinions and thoughts own the yoke when we've been schooled so very many times about how we're wrong??? C'mon, give me a break.

Put the Koolaid down Fanboi! You know you're obliged to hate the yoke and that deep down inside you really do hate that you're obliged to really really hate it. I have no doubt that you're like all the others here that actually do like the yoke (including me) but this open-mindedness approach to the yoke is making me sick! Do you really think you can have your own opinions and thoughts own the yoke when we've been schooled so very many times about how we're wrong??? C'mon, give me a break.

Do not forget about all the science and rationale in against the yoke. This is why you should not be open-minded.

For example:
1) Accidents and deaths due to yoke. Not one report in the internut full of Anti-Tesla journalism waiting to pounce.
2) No empirical data. 100,000's of mile of real world experience to show the yoke working (or functioning to some)
3) Visibility: If this is a reason (not saying it is), then you are just stupid and do not know how to sit in a car.
4) Comfort is anything but the yoke and see #3 above.
5) Falling demand. Demand actually staying strong.
6) Not track proven. Yoke has set track records.
7) Journalists do not like the yoke. Some do and some do not but who really cares what they think unless they are proving your own bias..
8) Yoke not 360° and not shaped like a road wheel/tire. Ok, that one is true but irrelevant. I also say that it is not shaped like a banana whish is very safe and good for you.
9) When in Auto pilot and not paying attention or sitting in the backseat, the yoke cannot be corrected easily. That one also true.

Please @Daniel454 , please close your mind - be like @uthatcher before we have to start typing in all caps or complain to the government.

I also say that it is not shaped like a banana whish is very safe and good for you.
You think bananas are safe? Really? REALLY??? How many cartoon accidents have we witnessed of someone slipping on a banana peel? How many? I hate to have to be the one to continually enlighten you all, but banana peels are probably very close to being as dangerous as the yoke.

You think bananas are safe? Really? REALLY??? How many cartoon accidents have we witnessed of someone slipping on a banana peel? How many? I hate to have to be the one to continually enlighten you all, but banana peels are probably very close to being as dangerous as the yoke.

I think I have said all I can say about the yoke and bananas...

• Funny
Reactions: Pdubs and uthatcher
Like most, I like the Yoke and wouldn't want to go back. Here are my suspicions of the real reasons why a tiny few hate the yoke:

1) They prefer that the instrument panel is blocked out so must use elbows to steer so hands can continue to block the display.

2) They benefit (medical or legal) from round steering wheels breaking people's wrists when the airbag goes off. The yoke prevents this, so they lose money.

3) They bought one of those dangerous steering wheel weights to trick FSD, but it doesn't fit on the yoke.

4) They honk in rage every day and need to slam the steering wheel as a way to alleviate some of that rage.

Maybe you have a few other ideas...

Like most, I like the Yoke and wouldn't want to go back. Here are my suspicions of the real reasons why a tiny few hate the yoke:

1) They prefer that the instrument panel is blocked out so must use elbows to steer so hands can continue to block the display.

2) They benefit (medical or legal) from round steering wheels breaking people's wrists when the airbag goes off. The yoke prevents this, so they lose money.

3) They bought one of those dangerous steering wheel weights to trick FSD, but it doesn't fit on the yoke.

4) They honk in rage every day and need to slam the steering wheel as a way to alleviate some of that rage.

Maybe you have a few other ideas...
This got me thinking why I was such an easy sell on the yoke. I honestly don’t think I’ve ever used my horn. Like in any car, ever.

• Funny
Reactions: GrnSqrl