Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Theater apps and Karaoke missing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Chatted with Tesla support, and they said I'm already up-to-date with my software version and I have no pending updates, so they cannot push me to a later version. They have escalated my case to the Advanced Support team, and asked me to send them pictures of the screens with the missing apps. I'll update this thread when I hear more...

I had this problem, fixed it, and learned about an easter egg.

- Change your vehicle name to "Rabbit of Caerbannog"
- You'll see a foot squashing down the screen with a fart
- Your theatre apps should come back along with a new Monty Pyton app
- Restore your vehicle name

Thanks to Google and YouTube for the fix...

Great to hear it worked for you - I tried twice, and still have the same issue. Super weird that Karaoke is also nowhere to be found any longer. I still haven't heard back from Tesla "advanced" support yet.

Chatted with Tesla support, and they said I'm already up-to-date with my software version and I have no pending updates, so they cannot push me to a later version. They have escalated my case to the Advanced Support team, and asked me to send them pictures of the screens with the missing apps. I'll update this thread when I hear more...
Me too same issue 2021 model Y

I had this problem, fixed it, and learned about an easter egg.

- Change your vehicle name to "Rabbit of Caerbannog"
- You'll see a foot squashing down the screen with a fart
- Your theatre apps should come back along with a new Monty Pyton app
- Restore your vehicle name

Thanks to Google and YouTube for the fix...

I'm floored...not only did this work to restore all the theatre apps to working condition, but it also fixed my inability to log-into Youtube. That...is...just...odd.