Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Theater arcade lagging after update [netflix, youtube etc]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Me too, Watching Netflix while waiting in very slow moving car queue: engage Drive and screen crashes and restarts. Ten minutes later, having parked and waiting for wife to return I started watching Netflix again. She returns so I press the X icon on Netflix. System crashes, requiring a hard reset.

Me too, Watching Netflix while waiting in very slow moving car queue: engage Drive and screen crashes and restarts. Ten minutes later, having parked and waiting for wife to return I started watching Netflix again. She returns so I press the X icon on Netflix. System crashes, requiring a hard reset.
Apart from anything else, it is nuts to be watching Netflix when in control of a moving car, no matter how slow the speed of movement. There's no justification for this whatsoever.

The system shouldn't allow Netflix or YouTube to run when the car is being driven, full stop.

Reactions: intactradio
Apart from anything else, it is nuts to be watching Netflix when in control of a moving car, no matter how slow the speed of movement. There's no justification for this whatsoever.

The system shouldn't allow Netflix or YouTube to run when the car is being driven, full stop.
I completely agree although I suspect that in the post you quote, the driver had changed from Drive to Park to enable viewing only whilst stationary (the comment "engage Drive and screen crashes..." implies this)

Regardless, if the police saw this the driver would be prosecuted as being in control of the car whilst on the highway.

Unrelated, but possibly related o_O I've noticed that fallout shelter becomes unplayable just after the last three firmware updates. Screen becomes almost unresponsive and then exiting out results in the whole UI stuttering until you reboot (when it's all fine again). So they've definitely change something that's making things unstable and not closing apps correctly.

Moderator comment - thread merged from "Slow Netflix/YouTube etc."

So I've been having a bit of a problem lately, wondering if others have experienced this.

All of this is with mobile hotspot I dont pay for "premium connectivety"

Watching Netflix while charging - starting up super slow. It would take upwards of 60 seconds to load the select user page.

YouTube - same and I can't sign in - incompatible browser page.

Last point of annoynance is using my hotspot at the supercharger in West Drayton - The service centre WiFi just kicks any other wifi out... The car will not connect to my hotspot or even see it (it appears after reboot, but then vanishes).

The only time I want to watch stuff is while I'm charging so this is super annoying.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bothered trying to watch youtube via my phone hotspot for the first time yesterday (usually just watch a movie etc directly on phone). Unwatchable with all the ad breaks that I never get on PC's at home. Oh, and I don't sign in to stuff if can be avoided.and strip all cookies at home each session.