Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Theater arcade lagging after update [netflix, youtube etc]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moderator comment - thread renamed and merged from "Netflix [app in car]"

Anyone else's Netflix app laggy when using it? Once I've got the programme streaming its all fine.. No issues steaming or buffering etc, but loading and then navigating in app is sluggish and laggy for me. Netflix has also crashed the cars computer system a handful of times too whilst charging. Just feels odd that tablet can't handle it that well.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is worse than the slow start. I've accepted that is fairly normal after 9 months of ownership. The new problems are Netflix opening in a quarter of the available screen and hanging the computer, refusing to shut down and taking twice as long or sometimes hanging, on start.

I am very disappointed with the whole upgrade process. Every time I update things get worse...

Youtube is now unusable. Can only enter 1 character at a time, and takes an age to become active.

Also disappointed with new UI. The buttons on the screen are more difficult to press... and don't get me started on the phantom braking:eek:

It’s definitely laggy now. I tested it while stationary with a tethered 5G signal giving a consistent 250mbs down in manchester today to test this very thing so it’s not the connection.

YouTube has some minor foibles too. I make videos and have a YouTube channel which led me to discover another new thing today. If I go to my uploaded videos, it (quite rightly) says I’m logging in from the Netherlands (due to the onboard LTE being registered there) amd sends me through a security check. This involves me inputting details, one of which is matching up a two number code sent to my mobile which I did several times. But then it just hangs. Doing the same through a tethered connection doesn’t fix it because it doesn’t think I’m in The Netherlands when going through EE so doesn’t ask for the security verification.

it’s a first world problem really so I’m not going to go all toys and pram but it’s a bit of an arse when checking videos that aren’t public yet to see how they perform. I just do it my iPad instead but we can add it to the list of quirks with YouTube and Netflix.

whilst I agree that it isn’t important for the way the car performs (fabulously), it’s something that won’t inspire people testing the car. When stuff doesn’t work as it should, even if you’ll never use it, it does make potential buyers raise an eyebrow. Had it with daft self parking and the like on other brands and it doesn’t inspire confidence even if it’s a feature that isn’t a dealbreaker.

+1 to this
Me too, Watching Netflix while waiting in very slow moving car queue: engage Drive and screen crashes and restarts. Ten minutes later, having parked and waiting for wife to return I started watching Netflix again. She returns so I press the X icon on Netflix. System crashes, requiring a hard reset.

Me too, Watching Netflix while waiting in very slow moving car queue: engage Drive and screen crashes and restarts. Ten minutes later, having parked and waiting for wife to return I started watching Netflix again. She returns so I press the X icon on Netflix. System crashes, requiring a hard reset.

I’ve exactly the same. It’s getting extremely irritating. After watching Netflix (eventually) it takes ages from closing the app to be able to drive off. Totally unacceptable. Seems so underpowered. To the other extreme of a ps5 equivalent in the new s/x. This company is crazy. Not always for the good.