Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Theater mode not available since V11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Tried to access theater mode for the first time since V11 while parked tonight.

None of the options are responsive to clicks, e.g. YouTube, Netflix etc. The message at the top of the screen says "Available when Parked" (see image below) even though the car was clearly in park as indicated on screen.

I tried rebooting and also drove around the block and went back into park, but still no joy.

Anyone else seen this? Any ideas?
Thanks! My kids were going nuts :D
IMG_3528.jpeg

Hi,

None of the options are responsive to clicks, e.g. YouTube, Netflix etc. The message at the top of the screen says "Available when Parked" (see image below) even though the car was clearly in park as indicated on screen.

I tried rebooting and also drove around the block and went back into park, but still no joy.

Thanks! My kids were going nuts :D View attachment 751636

Hi,

Thanks! My kids were going nuts :D View attachment 751636
Mine is doing the same thing. Two weeks after you posted and an update came thru but still nothing is working.

I have not experienced this issue with V11. If something like this was happening I would submit a service request. You can submit it as a mobile service request for software issues. Tesla will then reach out to you a day or two before your scheduled appointment and try to fix it remotely.

I have not experienced this issue with V11. If something like this was happening I would submit a service request. You can submit it as a mobile service request for software issues. Tesla will then reach out to you a day or two before your scheduled appointment and try to fix it remotely.
I have done a service request and it is seems to be a know issue. The only proposed solution is to wait until a new release fixes it. I installed the last version of the Software three days ago but the problem persists.

OK i have to confess, I think this related to premium connectivity. So the service rep asked me to re download the firmware, which I did…but the message was still popping up. I noticed YouTube worked for a few seconds after the reset, and then stopped again (basically it connected to my WiFi). My premium connectivity ran out just after the holiday update. Once I made a mobile hot spot with my phone; it was all working again. I would suggest everyone try to connect to their home WiFi or a hot spot if they don’t have premium connectivity (or check if your subscription hasn’t elapsed). I think Tesla should change the message to “WiFi or premium connectivity required” to avoid confusion.

I had the same issue. Under the “Entertainment” tab, I lost all my program icons (Netflix, Hulu, Disney etc.) it’s a blank screen. All this began after I downloaded the latest update 2022.44.3.11. I tried reboots on the cpu and still blank. I opened a service request and was told by Tesla service it’s a known bug and they are working a fix. For now, I can launch Netflix and others by voice command. Works fine but still have a blank screen after. Will be very weary about any more software updates until I read about it and it’s very necessary. “Don’t need to fix something that isn’t broke.”

If you have no icons under theater try naming your car “Patsy” under the software tab. The Monty Python foot should drop and you should get your theater icons back. After you can rename your car back to what it was.

That's interesting. There are two buttons that are not present in the French Canadian interface: screen clean and car wash. Probably a translation mishap. People switch to English or France French and the buttons are there. Maybe it's a similar problem with your theatre buttons?