Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Theater mode not available since V11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i changed the display language to something else and the theatre icons came back 😅
Thank you, @andresm3. Changing to another display language (which also invokes a quick restart) worked to restore the Theater service buttons (which could be launched by voice command even when not visible). I switched from English to French; restarted which restored the Theater display; then switched back to English and restarted.

Reactions: Arpadge and GtiMart
Tesla said the premium connectivity wasn’t communicating to my car. They fixed that. Still wouldn’t load the apps. We went to manually shut down the car in the settings tab and when car came back on the apps load and the “available when parked” message went away.

i changed the display language to something else and the theatre icons came back 😅
It worked!! . . . Thanks so much andresm3 . I just called my husband at home because all of my theater apps are gone. My husband troubleshot with me, we found this discussion board, and he said to give this fix a try. I switched the car language from English to French and then back to English &, . . . Voilà!! It worked!! Thanks so much !!!

Another big thank you! I went to display, changed it to Spanish (in case I needed to recognize a few words on the screen in Spanish) and then back to English! Immediately fixed!
Imtessa: Good point. I chose “French” for the same reason. I did have a slight moment of “panic” when it first switched to French, because I didn’t recognize anything at first, but I was able to figure it out.

If you have no icons under theater try naming your car “Patsy” under the software tab. The Monty Python foot should drop and you should get your theater icons back. After you can rename your car back to what it was.
I’m a Tesla employee, and could not get it to work. None of my technicians could get it to work either. We went as far as literally disconnecting the HV battery from the car, and reconnecting it, to even pushing firmware onto the vehicle, Nothing work.. except this! Appreciate all your help with this recommendation 🤣

Reactions: OxBrew and GtiMart
I’m a Tesla employee, and could not get it to work. None of my technicians could get it to work either. We went as far as literally disconnecting the HV battery from the car, and reconnecting it, to even pushing firmware onto the vehicle, Nothing work.. except this! Appreciate all your help with this recommendation 🤣
That time when Tesla techs used TMC to fix a long-known issue.

I'm ded, lol. 🤣🤣🤣

OK i have to confess, I think this related to premium connectivity. So the service rep asked me to re download the firmware, which I did…but the message was still popping up. I noticed YouTube worked for a few seconds after the reset, and then stopped again (basically it connected to my WiFi). My premium connectivity ran out just after the holiday update. Once I made a mobile hot spot with my phone; it was all working again. I would suggest everyone try to connect to their home WiFi or a hot spot if they don’t have premium connectivity (or check if your subscription hasn’t elapsed). I think Tesla should change the message to “WiFi or premium connectivity required” to avoid confusion.
Thank you👌

For anyone still looking for a solution:
Some people are suggest changing the name of your Tesla temporarily, but this only brings back the icon, you still can’t use the streaming services.

You have to turn on hotspot from your phone, then connect the Tesla to the hotspot.

Al
Hi,

Tried to access theater mode for the first time since V11 while parked tonight.

None of the options are responsive to clicks, e.g. YouTube, Netflix etc. The message at the top of the screen says "Available when Parked" (see image below) even though the car was clearly in park as indicated on screen.

I tried rebooting and also drove around the block and went back into park, but still no joy.

Anyone else seen this? Any ideas?
Thanks! My kids were going nuts :D View attachment 751636
all you have to do is connect to a personal hot spot or other Wi-Fi connection ✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅