Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Theatre apps disappeared for anyone else?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Mrklaw

Mar 5, 2020
Berkshire
Had a short break this morning in the car and thought I’d try out Apple TV+ using teslatv website. The browser ‘full screen’ wouldn’t trigger so I tried just the small browser window. Nothing would play.

So I went to the theater app to try youtube and there were no apps there at all - completely blank. Games and toy box are still ok.

Tried a scroll wheel reset but no difference. Haven’t used it in recent weeks so don’t know if a recent update might have done something?

Had a short break this morning in the car and thought I’d try out Apple TV+ using teslatv website. The browser ‘full screen’ wouldn’t trigger so I tried just the small browser window. Nothing would play.

So I went to the theater app to try youtube and there were no apps there at all - completely blank. Games and toy box are still ok.

Tried a scroll wheel reset but no difference. Haven’t used it in recent weeks so don’t know if a recent update might have done something?
Something similar happened to me two weeks ago.

I followed a tip from someone on here. Change the display language to another language, this triggers a reboot. Change it back to English, triggers a second reboot - but then the theatre apps miraculously reappeared.

With thanks to whoever posted the original tip, can't recall their user name sorry.

Ah thank you!! The language switch worked!! Might keep it in Spanish just to work on my language skills! Thanks again!

Thanks!! Language change reboot worked! Might keep it in Spanish to work on my language skills today! Thanks again!

Hi guys

I’ve been dealing with this and tried every fix: car rename, language change and soft reset.

I just did a full factory reset today and it worked! My apps are back!

2016 Tesla Model X P90X