Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Theatre log in issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi. My OS is 2022.28. Since that update, which included a logic change allowing theatre choices like NetFlix, Hulu and Disney to be minimized I’m finding that I have to re login each time I want to access the app. Where available I choose the remember me option. Once logged in I have no issue watching something. But this can’t be a feature. Anyone else have this issue? Anyone know if Tesla is working on a fix?

Thanks, Dan

I’ll answer my own question. I am asked to log in again because I dismissed the screen (swiped down) which apparently logs you out when that happens. If, instead one minimizes the screen ( the new minimize feature, top left of the theatre screen) and move on to something else, another theatre app, Spotify or radio etc you are not logged out. Trial and error for me. Dan

That didn't work for me (assuming you're talking about the 2 little arrows pointing at each other which reduces the theater screen to the left so you can see the map again)

No matter what I do Disney+ and Netflix do NOT stay logged in.

That didn't work for me (assuming you're talking about the 2 little arrows pointing at each other which reduces the theater screen to the left so you can see the map again)

No matter what I do Disney+ and Netflix do NOT stay logged in.
It actually should. If you minimize by using the 2 little arrows and move to another app, the impact is that you should stay logged in. I'm not having an issue so assume that maybe the software update may not have been installed properly - perhaps you can do a reboot, or hard reboot which can fix most issues.

It actually should. If you minimize by using the 2 little arrows and move to another app, the impact is that you should stay logged in. I'm not having an issue so assume that maybe the software update may not have been installed properly - perhaps you can do a reboot, or hard reboot which can fix most issues.
I figured it out after I posted here Disney+ and Netflix

The swiping down/minimizing doesn't behave any differently for me/my car. My issue is that Disney Plus and Netflix don't actually register a new device until you play a video (at least in the Tesla). I was simply logging into each service to prepare things for my kids and I had not yet played a video.

Once I played a video on each service, the login persisted not matter how I "closed" the app.
Hulu however remembered my login without having to play a video.

Is the solution different from the approach that I use (that works)? Use the two characters upper right to minimize the screen and then move on to another app, such as Spotify. That way it doesn't log you out of your theatre log ins.