Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Theatre mode bug

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Nick77

Deep Blue Model 3 LR (2021 MIC)
Mar 15, 2020
Burton-on-Trent
Bit of a strange one. Whenever I'm parked up and go to load Netflix or YouTube, it gets halfway through loading then kicks me back out to the theatre screen, with the message "available when parked". It also kicks me off WiFi and disconnects my phone hotspot.

It reconnects to the hotspot quickly after but it's annoying as I can't watch anything now.

I already tried a two button reboot, and the other day I did the change language fix as Tidal had disappeared. Now Tidal is back but nothing works in Theatre.

Pic below of the message. It's not showing the WiFi hotspot as it's disconnected it. As soon as that comes back the message disappears until you try to load something again. Rinse and repeat.

Any ideas?

IMG_20220823_102726.jpg

There's mention in this thread about Premium Connectivity being needed:

Also some other 'fixes'

Reactions: Nick77
I've got the exact same issue. I had it at one point on v10 (for a few releases), and then it went away with one of the software updates, but came back a few releases ago. Currently on 2022.20.8 and issue remains.

Have you tried the fix of renaming the car to the "Rabbit of Caerbannog" then trying theatre mode again? I tried this fix when I had a blank theatre mode and it worked. It brings up the Monty Python easter egg and it brings it back so it may work for you? (you can rename the car back afterward of course)

Reactions: Lephturn
There's mention in this thread about Premium Connectivity being needed:

Also some other 'fixes'
Have you tried the fix of renaming the car to the "Rabbit of Caerbannog" then trying theatre mode again? I tried this fix when I had a blank theatre mode and it worked. It brings up the Monty Python easter egg and it brings it back so it may work for you? (you can rename the car back afterward of course)
Thanks, I'll give these a go.

Reactions: jblandford
Had the same issue today, Theatre screen was blank. This fixed it!

If you have the hotspot to be switched on (and switch off if the car's Bluetooth is not available) as soon as the phone connects to the cars Bluetooth this is the root of the problem. Opening any of the theatre apps disables the cars Bluetooth, this in turn will then disable the phones hotspot as the phone can't see the cars Bluetooth connection.
No it does it even if I turn the automation off and manually switch the hotspot on too.