Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TheDrive article about Tesla Screens

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is absolutely some validity to his arguments and the fact that virtually all Model S & X from 2016 and 2017 (2018 too?) have developed this defect backs his claim. And to make matters worse, Tesla is refusing to cover screen replacements under warranty is particularly egregious!

According to Musk's biography, at SpaceX engineers used consumer grade electronics (CPU's) in the rockets as opposed to space grade electronics for significant cost savings.

I think you would have to go automotive grade for your touchscreen that bakes in the sun, though.

Re Ed Niedermeyer, just saw this posted on another thread -- Tesla's response after another one of his many smear campaigns against Tesla.

An oldie but a goodie.

A Grain of Salt

Niedermeyer is mostly negative about Tesla for sure. But there is some truth to his stories.

I suggest you add this link Tesla Suspension Breakage: It’s Not The Crime, It’s The Coverup next to the Grain of Salt as well for a more balanced view on the case.

In the Grain of Salt for example Tesla says they never sign an NDA with the customers, but this is certainly not true. Here is an example of it: Tesla says someone fired a bullet into battery pack of a Model S that caught on fire

:rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Niedermeyer has literally made a career out of being a Tesla troll.

Given how many Tesla trolls there are and how few have had that sort of staying power, I guess that is an accomplishment of sorts.

I don't know much about him, just read some of his articles in the last couple of months. Some of them were just speculation, some had links to real issues.

I got sunshade to protect the screen right when i bought a car. It just common sense that sun makes car hot and anything in direct sunlight will have problems especially if electronics. There is a reason why datacenters are kept cool. when i used sunshade on my previous car, my dashboard did not "melt" like many other members on the forums, and it gets fairly hot here on SoCal.

I got sunshade to protect the screen right when i bought a car. It just common sense that sun makes car hot and anything in direct sunlight will have problems especially if electronics. There is a reason why datacenters are kept cool. when i used sunshade on my previous car, my dashboard did not "melt" like many other members on the forums, and it gets fairly hot here on SoCal.
Even when driving with the ac the dash is hot! That’s with any car though. Just that the tesla’s Whole system depends on the screen.

Gosh this car is turning into a money pit lol. Tinting on the windshield, roof glass. Protection film. Yikes!