Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Theft Of Components Off My Model S @ Cleveland Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I strongly believe so. Not only that, I would like that data to be made available for the owner too. On top of being extremely useful in cases like this, it is also helpful to match with the energy consumption data. Does anyone know if it is possible to access such data?
See: TeslaFi.com Tesla Model S X Data Logger -- Great trip/energy tracking site.
This is a great tool that I too highly recommend. Unfortunately, It would not have helped in this case. The OP states that they turned off Remote Access when the car arrived at the CSC. My understanding is that this is common practice at many SCs.

So I just read 11 pages of thread for no resolution. What a waste of time! Since some members have been cyber-stalking this guy has anyone tried posting on his Facebook or YouTube pages to ask for an update?

We were in contact with each other on the first day trying to assist in getting his phone screen shot deleted or modified. Sadly doesn't seem to have happened and still think it should (if any moderator can step in and do so would be appreciated I'm sure). I did reach back out to him a few days ago and asked him about posting a status but am guessing he hasn't checked his Conversation area or maybe is waiting until he has a resolution. Unlike some on here I don't doubt his experience. And given all that was said no way expect this to be resolved in a few short days. The Canadian owner who had an A-Pillar defect, discovered after purchase and titling, took quite a number of weeks to get their issue resolved and that thread grew very long. This one so far is short in comparison.

Good afternoon everyone... TMC is working on the issue... Brian Applegate is handling the investigation... It was handed over to him by Jon McNeil... Like I said I love my car and TMC... And would hate to see them damaged in any way by this unfortunate situation or "Employee.."

And for you "HATERS AND DOUBTERS... This is a "VERY TRUE UNFORTUNATE SITUATION" You haters out there who think I am a TROLL and not REAL should be ashamed of yourself... It's you who distorts the TRUTH... I certainly hope nothing like this ever happens to you... But as RUDE as a COUPLE of you are... it certainly would teach you a lesson... But I doubt it.. it was all in your upbringing... Don't you remember your parents saying... if you don't have anything good to say... don't say anything at all...

I apologize if I have offended anyone by sharing my story and the "TRUTH"
Without a doubt my car will never return to CSC. for anything...

Sincerely Joe Rinke...

Last edited:
Good afternoon everyone... TMC is working on the issue... Brian Applegate is handling the investigation... It was handed over to him by Jon McNeil... Like I said I love my car and TMC... And would hate to see them damaged in any way by this unfortunate situation or "Employee.."

And for you "HATERS AND DOUBTERS... This is a "VERY TRUE UNFORTUNATE SITUATION" You haters out there who think I am a TROLL and not REAL should be ashamed of yourself... It's you who distorts the TRUTH... I certainly hope nothing like this ever happens to you... But as RUDE as a COUPLE of you are... it certainly would teach you a lesson... But I doubt it.. it was all in your upbringing... Don't you remember your parents saying... if you don't have anything good to say... don't say anything at all...

I apologize if I have offended anyone by sharing my story and the "TRUTH"

Sincerely Joe Rinke...

We have been waiting for this post for a long time!!!

Reactions: HankLloydRight
@JoeRinke ,
None of us here are privy to "the truth" besides you, but almost everyone has accepted what you said as accurate. It is not worth your time to defend yourself against a few outliers.
Most of us are on this thread because we too love our cars and want to learn how to avoid this scenario for ourselves. That, and we are concerned about our fellow members like yourself. With that being said, any information that you are able to share would be appreciated, even if that means telling us you cannot.
Thank you, and good luck with a speedy resolution.

<snip>
Sincerely Joe Rinke...
Good to see Tesla taking action, J.
To avoid confusion, please note that TMC is Tesla Motors Club LLC, an independent enthousiast organization and not affiliated with Tesla Motors, Inc or its subsidiaries.
You did the right thing to go to this TMC forum for help, leading to a prompt response from Tesla's Mr McNeill.
Trusting this will get resolved to your satisfaction, I hope you keep us updated, here.

Good to see Tesla taking action, J.
To avoid confusion, please note that TMC is Tesla Motors Club LLC, an independent enthousiast organization and not affiliated with Tesla Motors, Inc or its subsidiaries.
You did the right thing to go to this TMC forum for help, leading to a prompt response from Tesla's Mr McNeill.
Trusting this will get resolved to your satisfaction, I hope you keep us updated, here.
Sorry for the misunderstanding of "TMC"

Reactions: PaulusdB
But as RUDE as a COUPLE of you are... it certainly would teach you a lesson... But I doubt it.. it was all in your upbringing... Don't you remember your parents saying... if you don't have anything good to say... don't say anything at all...
Didn't your parents ever teach you to at least call people out by name.

While I'm more inclined to believe this is true, we're only hearing one side, and I'm still a "doubter" until evidence is presented.

@JoeRinke ,
None of us here are privy to "the truth" besides you, but almost everyone has accepted what you said as accurate. It is not worth your time to defend yourself against a few outliers.
Most of us are on this thread because we too love our cars and want to learn how to avoid this scenario for ourselves. That, and we are concerned about our fellow members like yourself. With that being said, any information that you are able to share would be appreciated, even if that means telling us you cannot.
Thank you, and good luck with a speedy resolution.

While I'm more inclined to believe this is true, we're only hearing one side, and I'm still a "doubter" until evidence is presented.

Joe doesn't know me, I don't know him. But I do know he is telling the truth and Tesla is investigating. I personally appreciate @JoeRinke's understanding that this is likely a rogue employee. It def isn't how the company operates.

Last edited:

LMAO.... Way... You know who you are!!!!! They also taught me not to point a finger... I was raised with respect and to give it... Sorry for your loss!!!

Last edited: