Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Theft Of Components Off My Model S @ Cleveland Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Joe doesn't know me, I don't know him. But I do know he is telling the truth and Tesla is investigating. I personally appreciate @JoeRinke's understanding that this is likely a rogue employee. It def isn't how the company operates.
Thank you for your respect... Some on here have no clue... They just like to listen to themselves talk... and obstruct the "TRUTH"

And then" CRY" when they get outed... like I said I am "SORRY" They have an issue with the "TRUTH"

Last edited:
Thank you for your respect... Some on here have no clue... They just like to listen to themselves talk... and obstruct the "TRUTH"
Eh, I don't think anyone means any harm. We all have a long history of *story tellers* showing up and only sharing one side of the story (or worse. I could tell you about a couple ... ). Rocky start for you & I'm sorry for that. But this is a pretty nice group overall, I hope you give them all a second chance.

• Funny
Reactions: AnOutsider
Eh, I don't think anyone means any harm. We all have a long history of *story tellers* showing up and only sharing one side of the story (or worse. I could tell you about a couple ... ). Rocky start for you & I'm sorry for that. But this is a pretty nice group overall, I hope you give them all a second chance.
They certainly are putting in a lot of effort into changing the story and opinions of others... I'm sure someone from Tesla will also share on this form "INFO" they do monitor it... It took less the an hour for Jon to see my post... But I'm sure he will be called a Troll as well by the haters...

Didn't your parents ever teach you to at least call people out by name.

While I'm more inclined to believe this is true, we're only hearing one side, and I'm still a "doubter" until evidence is presented.
I personally don't care what you believe... I have no reason to make up a story like this... there is no benefit for me or TELSA... And I'm not here to harm anyone... SORRY you think of me as being so low as to "LIE"... In all my YouTube videos show me building up the car and company... its not SpaceX Science...

I personally don't care what you believe... I have no reason to make up a story like this... there is no benefit for me or TELSA... And I'm not here to harm anyone... SORRY you think of me as being so low as to "LIE"... In all my YouTube videos show me building up the car and company... its not SpaceX Science...
Exactly. Do not care about him like you said. Your only job is to tell your side of the story, which you did well enough for the vast majority of us. Move on.

Reactions: AnxietyRanger
I agree that a police report should be filed. If all this was done by someone in the SC, then finger prints should be all over the car. I don't know what kind of a charge it would be, maybe theft (original seats), or damage to the other parts that you have documented. I hope this all turns out well for you.

Personally I don't have enough facts to form an opinion either way about this case, but whenever I hear an account of some incident I often remind myself of the old adage that "truth is stranger than fiction" before I start drawing conclusions based upon how likely any incident is to actually occur.

I hope the incident is resolved in the OP's favor regardless of how strange it all appears.

Joe, you have to understand that on the internet people craft even more bizarre situations than what you've described. Even worse, they do it specifically to damage a company's reputation, and may even do so because they have a financial interest. Given the forthcoming nature of your story from the beginning (including details which probably you shouldn't have even shared, it's a jungle out here man!), and the fact that this is obviously not an acceptable company policy, it never made sense to me that this would be an invented story. Even so, please don't take it personally that a number of folks didn't believe it at face value. They don't know you, and they have probably had bad experiences in the past on the internet with stories from disingenuous people. And when you think about it, it's hard to blame them to some degree, your story is a crazy one! I have no doubt you'll get taken care of by Tesla, and for the rank and file of the forum community here I think I can safely say we are all extremely anxious to hear the full details of what happened and how it was resolved, if you are able to share that. Best of luck in the process. Hope you have a great Labor Day weekend.

Tesla has, what now, 30 000 employees? The bigger miracle would be if every single one of them would be a honest upstanding person and not a single one would have something like a gambling problem or be addicted that'd typically make people do stupid things as has happened to OP. What matters 1) this is not typical of Tesla at all 2) how Tesla handles the situation and makes OP whole again. 1) we know 2) OP said that he has faith in the current investigation process. Given the names of the persons involved (which we know are upstanding and honest Tesla employees) that faith is well warranted. What remains is how OP is going to be made whole again. Again, given who is driving this investigation there is every reason to assume that Joe will be taken care off in the best way.

I dislike those who make up Tesla horror stories just as much as those who assume that every Tesla horror story must be a troll, a fake or a short. Both do no favours to Tesla the name.

I'm so sorry to hear of this crazy disaster but thought, as a Clevelander, I could add some information to this forum change, First, I have an X 90D and it is a year old as of last month. It has been to the service center many times for a variety of things nearly all of which were minor and fully taken care of. Michelle is one of the people I've interacted with and probably 3-4 others during those visits or phone calls. I had nothing but professional interaction and obviously surprised to hear your dilemma, A thought I had: Tesla likely did NOT install the windshield; it may have been done with a company called Surburban which has several locations around Cleveland. I have been at the one and walked through it in Berea, Ohio very much southeast of Lyndhurst and about an hour in traffic away. I saw many cars, all luxury models including a Model X torn apart being repaired. I have no experience with Surburban, but a year ago they were the only place a car under warranty would go for any body work according to the SC. My own situation was my front bumper (plastic obviouusly) below the headlight being kicked in and vandalized during an hour parked at a restaurant for 10am Sunday breakfast. About a 6" dia area at the crease. I won't go into that but the point is I was pretty upset, unsure how all this would be handled, the car was weeks old, etc. During all this, I just drove in with no appointment; and they were gracious to help me. And the service person pointed out to me the factory paint on a part of the rear bumper did not look right and they wanted to schedule having that taken care of for me (also at Suburban and why I went to check them out. I could not see the problem they saw, but other shops I visited for estimates on my front did see it when I asked them to look, After days of sorting out insurance, where to repair, what to do, I decided to try and fix the front myself and did so with pretty good luck and a body shop never touched it.

My point is there was likely a subcontractor involved here. Not to let Tesla off the hook because they were totally responsible for the care of your car when they picked it up. I looked at the address you show. which is not the showroom at 5180 Mayfield. However that address is on a house to way to the rear of the SC and likely why that address showed up. I doubt it was taken there. They would have had a porter drive your car to Berea and back about 32 miles each way to suburban collision's address.

The Cleveland SC since the outset has handled all Tesla from quite a distance including Detroit and Pittsburgh because they were the closest center. I know a lot of Pittsburgh owners and not heard of problems with Tesla's handing things, for what that is worth.

If I can help you in some way, pm me and we can talk by phone.

Hope all goes well for both your feet and your Tesla, Joe.

Tesla does garner more than its share of trolls, so I understand the suspicion by some. Hopefully, that will die down now. Posts like yours are extremely valuable though. It alerts us to significant potential problems regarding our ownership of Tesla, so keep up the good work and please, please keep us updated.

Reactions: boaterva
@JoeRinke We sit tight and anxious to know the outcome of this ordeal.
Apart from an estimate for a small body work repair that could easily be considered armed robbery, I had all the best experiences with both SC near me (Geneva, CH and Lyon, FR) and I would not hesitate to go to the police if something similar was to happen here. As I am not familiar with the laws there, I am not sure whether anything can really be done by the police, or whether this is just a small claims court case with Tesla conducting its own investigation and delivering the compensation directly, or even settling off court.

Good luck and leave the trolls where they belong in the burial mounds of the far north.

Thanks for updating us on what's going on. That's the SC closest to me so I have a personal interest in hearing how this plays out.

My general experience there has been positive though sometimes stuff seems to slip through the cracks and requires followup but that is sort of typical for dealers for all types of vehicles. All of the people I've interacted with have been friendly and appear sincere.

My sales consultant Rebecca is awesome and all it takes is reaching out to her when there are issues and she always makes things happen.

When my SC screws up, they at least own it. I'll never trust them ever again, so everytime I bring the car in, I do something similar to a delivery checklist. Exhausting and a huge time suck. I wish they would build better cars so I didn't have to go in the first place.
TLDR; SC tampered with children's car seats, and I didn't notice until a week later.