TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

(theoretical) free supercharging - MyTesla update

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by pharma5, May 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. pharma5

pharma5 Roadster F#25

Going into MyTesla today, saw the following note related to Tesla update today of supercharging and referral program.

Capture.JPG

Background:
    I am 2nd owner on a Roadster.
    I have not owned S or X before.
    I have a Model 3 reservation.

It's good to know that I can get unlimited supercharging on a future S/X order, however I'd much rather have it on my upcoming Model 3. Maybe there's a shot for that?

Obviously my 'current Tesla' (Roadster) cannot supercharge, but it sure feels like it would be free unlimited if it could...:rolleyes:

(Other minutiae: my Signature Green Roadster 1.5 has always shown up as a generic 2.5 in black in MyTesla, but on this updated page it is even more blacked out and suddenly has a white roof! I guess that was to help me notice the update...)

2. azred

azred Member

I think there is zero chance on a Model 3 though I'm hoping for the same thing.

3. MileHighMotoring

That's great, thanks for posting.

4. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

That's funny... I just went to check our My Tesla page and same thing. It's been a generic black Roadster and the white roof is new to me too.

5. Nvbob

Nvbob Roadster 1256

I just checked ours and it has the same statement. So, I emailed them to obtain clarification. Let's see how they respond.

6. pharma5

pharma5 Roadster F#25

Curious to see. I think it just means they didn't forget about us as owners, which is a good thing. We continue to carry the perk on new S or X purchase just like other owners before the switch to pay-per-use / free 400 kwh system.

7. Msjulie

Msjulie Member

Mine shows a black top :) but says the same thing about any new S or X - no surprise, the model 3 reservation doesn't talk about that...

8. Nvbob

Nvbob Roadster 1256

I got an email (and voice message) from Tesla this morning and essentially it says:

"Unfortunately, free super charging will not be offered for Model 3, this will only be for Model S and X"

Oh well, it was worth a shot!

• Informative x 1
  9. pharma5

pharma5 Roadster F#25

And now the text is gone.

Actually a bit sad to see it go...seemed like a nice hat tip after 5+ yrs of ownership. Just needed a minor reword for us.

(White top is still there on the Roadster image).

10. jareade

jareade Supporting Member

My photo has the correct body color hard-top, but it has 728 with black forged rims instead of silver. I like that look - one that @DeedWest has suggested I go with! I'll take that as another sign that is the way to go!

[​IMG]

• Love x 1
  11. DeedWest

DeedWest 2010 Roadster 2.0 - VIN 523

@jareade - you cannot go wrong with that look. I'll take this as a sign, too. ;)

On a similar note...my page shows my Electric Blue with silver Forged Wheels...might have to request an update.