Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

(theoretical) free supercharging - MyTesla update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

pharma5

Roadster F#25, Model 3 #36xx
Nov 22, 2011
central NJ
Going into MyTesla today, saw the following note related to Tesla update today of supercharging and referral program.

Capture.JPG

Background:
I am 2nd owner on a Roadster.
I have not owned S or X before.
I have a Model 3 reservation.

It's good to know that I can get unlimited supercharging on a future S/X order, however I'd much rather have it on my upcoming Model 3. Maybe there's a shot for that?

Obviously my 'current Tesla' (Roadster) cannot supercharge, but it sure feels like it would be free unlimited if it could...:rolleyes:

(Other minutiae: my Signature Green Roadster 1.5 has always shown up as a generic 2.5 in black in MyTesla, but on this updated page it is even more blacked out and suddenly has a white roof! I guess that was to help me notice the update...)

Going into MyTesla today, saw the following note related to Tesla update today of supercharging and referral program.

View attachment 227740

Background:

It's good to know that I can get unlimited supercharging on a future S/X order, however I'd much rather have it on my upcoming Model 3. Maybe there's a shot for that?

Obviously my 'current Tesla' (Roadster) cannot supercharge, but it sure feels like it would be free unlimited if it could...:rolleyes:

(Other minutiae: my Signature Green Roadster 1.5 has always shown up as a generic 2.5 in black in MyTesla, but on this updated page it is even more blacked out and suddenly has a white roof! I guess that was to help me notice the update...)
I think there is zero chance on a Model 3 though I'm hoping for the same thing.

View attachment 227740

Background:

That's funny... I just went to check our My Tesla page and same thing. It's been a generic black Roadster and the white roof is new to me too.

I just checked ours and it has the same statement. So, I emailed them to obtain clarification. Let's see how they respond.

Curious to see. I think it just means they didn't forget about us as owners, which is a good thing. We continue to carry the perk on new S or X purchase just like other owners before the switch to pay-per-use / free 400 kwh system.

Curious to see. I think it just means they didn't forget about us as owners, which is a good thing. We continue to carry the perk on new S or X purchase just like other owners before the switch to pay-per-use / free 400 kwh system.

Mine shows a black top :) but says the same thing about any new S or X - no surprise, the model 3 reservation doesn't talk about that...