Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

There are two improvements to the Cybertruck that can easily make it a lot better.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The first improvement would be to make their tailgate sealed. Most tailgates let water, dust and even insects through the clearances into the back of the bed. Unfortunately some users use the cargo box area to transport dogs and stuff that might want to be clean. Take the truck on the dusty road and a regular tailgate shows its weakness and dust gets in the back. If the tailgate and the Box Cover were for the most part water and dustproof it would make it for a much better and cleaner cargo area. It would also add the capability to add some sort of a tent on top of the rear of the box for sleeping and at the same time made sure that insects don’t get in through the tailgate.

A second improvement would be either the rear window that slides down or some sort of HVAC system for the cargo area so that people who keep pets in the cargo area could use dog mode or use the regular HVAC in driving to maintain a reasonable temperature in the back. Yes it’s almost like asking for an SUV, but not really because the box still wouldn’t be the clean area but it would make it pet friendly. A bonus would be some sort of a thermocouple to make sure that the temperature back there is a reasonable when I leave my dog there. The rear window that slides down to the cargo area might work or just an extra set of vents that can be opened up to the back.

Also, with the vault being environmentally controlled i suspect it will be sealed to some degree. TBD the level of the seal. The edges of the tailgate where it joins the vault is angled, which may play into it somehow.

Attachments

• Tesla-Cybertruck-gate-fliip-stop.jpg
    Tesla-Cybertruck-gate-fliip-stop.jpg
    295 KB · Views: 230