Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

There is a DOG

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

smartypnz

Supporting Member
Jan 23, 2013
Monterey Peninsula
Finally - my config invite. Delivery in 4 weeks.
Confirm.png

@skitown

They kinda grew on me - plus the fact that I won't be able to see them while I'm driving.

Me too. I think it's interesting to see how fast we can get used to this sort of design shift. Tesla put the nosecone (fake grill) on the first Model S because they felt people couldn't deal with that radical of a change off the bat. That never sat well with Franz I recall reading. Now my Model S with the nosecone seems antiquated to me.

Congrats! Great choice on your configure, pretty sure I'll be doing the exact same. Can't let the 18" aero naysayers get to me. I save $1500, get better range, and sorry but the aesthetics of the aero's don't bother me at all! Anyway, congrats again, pretty exciting.

Exactly.

Initially I wasn't too fond of the Aeros as well, but the advantages to me weigh more than the aesthetics - which in contrast to the advantages are subjective.
Plus, I tend to spend 99.999% of the time driving my car inside of it anyway ;)

Exactly.

Initially I wasn't too fond of the Aeros as well, but the advantages to me weigh more than the aesthetics - which in contrast to the advantages are subjective.
Plus, I tend to spend 99.999% of the time driving my car inside of it anyway ;)

Exactly!! There is a house (won't say where - not near us, but we drive past occasionally) that has been painted orange. My wife absolutely hates it. She says she could never live in this otherwise beautiful house. I told her that yes, she could. It's the house next door that she couldn't live in because then she would always have to look outside at the orange house.

For the longest time i couldn't understood the fascination of women with expensive shoes. Many seemed to be uncomfortable and the nuances of design were totally lost on guys. Eventually i realized that the point of expensive shoes for women was not for guys...since they never look below the knees anyway. It was actually a show of social status to other women: look, i can spend a ridiculous amount of money on something that offers no additional functionality. It allows a few arbiters of taste to get rich by convincing the masses that what they are peddling is beautiful and exclusive.

Women:shoes::guys:rims.

Congrats to OP on your early delivery and excellent choice.