Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

There is no Beta Model 3 - confirmed today by Elon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Based on information in the "Auto Journal" (French automobile revue), Model 3 will not be available in France (and Europe ?) before 2019 with a starting price of 40'000 €!

Based on nothing. Seriously can any online magazine just publish whatever they like? Oh yeah crap they can. I'm off to write a medium post about the new Tesla Ute (or pickup or whatever US people call vehicles that you can throw half a tonne of wood in the back of). People with some insider knowledge state that it will be revealed in the next reveal. Around $40,000 and 225 miles of range, ideal for tradies (contractors in American). We'll have the S, the X, the 3, the Y CUV and the Ute, except in France where you won't be able to buy it until 2019.

As a red-blooded American from the Northeast, I also hope that large coffees/travel mugs are taken into account as well.....especially in a car capable of mostly driving itself, I'll have more time to drink larger beverages.
In a self driving car you could actually make cappuccinos en route. Would be nice if Tesla included an auto-barista function in the Model 3. But wait, that option could be the one that slows down the ramp up....... damn!

In a self driving car you could actually make cappuccinos en route. Would be nice if Tesla included an auto-barista function in the Model 3. But wait, that option could be the one that slows down the ramp up....... damn!
Adding a cappuccino maker is a nit really. It's the autonomous tilting anti-spill feature that would blow up the release schedule.

Based on nothing. Seriously can any online magazine just publish whatever they like? Oh yeah crap they can. I'm off to write a medium post about the new Tesla Ute (or pickup or whatever US people call vehicles that you can throw half a tonne of wood in the back of). People with some insider knowledge state that it will be revealed in the next reveal. Around $40,000 and 225 miles of range, ideal for tradies (contractors in American). We'll have the S, the X, the 3, the Y CUV and the Ute, except in France where you won't be able to buy it until 2019.

Statement from Tesla Switzerland (Model 3 home Page) Based on nothing ?

"Die Auslieferung von neuen Bestellungen erfolgt voraussichtlich ab Mitte 2018 oder später."

= Estimate delivery will start from mid 2018 or later !! In Tesla language means 2019 !!

Last edited:

"Die Auslieferung von neuen Bestellungen erfolgt voraussichtlich ab Mitte 2018 oder später."

= Estimate delivery will start from mid 2018 or later !! In Tesla language means 2019 !!

That sentence has been there on the Tesla website for a long time in Germany also. Note that it only refers to "new orders".
I doubt that people who reserved during the first few weeks after the reveal part 1 will have to wait until 2019 - even if they happen to be French ;)

That sentence has been there on the Tesla website for a long time in Germany also. Note that it only refers to "new orders".
I doubt that people who reserved during the first few weeks after the reveal part 1 will have to wait until 2019 - even if they happen to be French ;)

Agreed, you nailed it. There's 400,000 cars already ordered and needing to be delivered so if you go to the website to place an order now you don't want to be sold on it getting delivered in the latter half of 2017 or early 2018. People might have been seeing press about the Model 3 production starting in July and lots of cars being built and delivered at the end of 2017 and you don't want them to think if they order now there's a chance you'll get it in 6 months. there's the 400,000 of us in front of them remember.

Reactions: Red Sage
Based on information in the "Auto Journal" (French automobile revue), Model 3 will not be available in France (and Europe ?) before 2019 with a starting price of 40'000 €!
I doubt the before 2019 (unless they are refering to new reservations), they won't be available before 2018 most certainly though. However the price information is correct. If you convert the 35.000$ to € you will have roughly 32.500€ but the conversion rate is not that great in the Model S or X. After the 20% VAT in France and higher in other European countries you will be looking at a 40.000€ base price.

I doubt the before 2019, they won't be available before 2018 most certainly though. However the price information is correct. If you convert the 35.000$ to € you will have roughly 32.500€ but the conversion rate is not that great in the Model S or X. After the 20% VAT in France and higher in other European countries you will be looking at a 40.000€ base price.

Yes realistically the right hand drive cars for outside USA won't be delivered until 2018. I'm hoping early 2018 but more likely March to June. I'm happy enough with that. 2 years was the wait I expected. Hoped less but expected.

Yes realistically the right hand drive cars for outside USA won't be delivered until 2018. I'm hoping early 2018 but more likely March to June. I'm happy enough with that. 2 years was the wait I expected. Hoped less but expected.
I don't think left hand side cars will be delivered this year outside USA and Canada also. Early 2018 is when I would expect them to arrive in Europe. But I could be wrong.

Glove box? There will be a glove box?:rolleyes:

I mean, if the car is Level 4 or 5 Autonomous.......and there is no reasonable expectation for any of the occupants to be driving it, can we get THIS as an option?

Attachments

• 1957-cadillac-eldorado-brougham-accessory--magnetic-shot-glasses_100183802_l.jpg
    1957-cadillac-eldorado-brougham-accessory--magnetic-shot-glasses_100183802_l.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 90
I mean, if the car is Level 4 or 5 Autonomous.......and there is no reasonable expectation for any of the occupants to be driving it, can we get THIS as an option?
There is the proof that GM is far forward in technological thinking. Who else would have design features intended to support autonomous driving was back in 1957? Even before the 1964 World's Fair? Wow!:cool:
That is better thanElon's five minute delivery. This one was delivered more than fifty years before the supporting technology was invented!

There is the proof that GM is far forward in technological thinking. Who else would have design features intended to support autonomous driving was back in 1957? Even before the 1964 World's Fair? Wow!:cool:
That is better thanElon's five minute delivery. This one was delivered more than fifty years before the supporting technology was invented!

It was delivered well before anyone realized (or cared) that impaired driving was extremely unwise and dangerous.

This is from the era where kids bounced around the backseat with no seat belts on while both parents chain-smoked with the windows rolled up.

Based on a lie you created. Tesla says mid 2018. You say 2019. Hope you are getting paid well for your FUD. Plonk!

Thank you kindly.