TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

There is Now a Gallery Section

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by danny, Aug 15, 2007.

1. danny

danny Administrator

Just click on the gallery tab at the top.
    The Gallery is fully integrated with the forum:)

2. danny

danny Administrator

Gallery Section is up and running again, please try to use it and give me some feedback on how well its working.
    Thanks

3. malcolm

malcolm Active Member

Hi

tried posting some old poster images to the gallery. The system reports 12 images (at the bottom of the Gallery home page) but does not list them for access.

4. danny

danny Administrator

I will try see whats going on.

5. danny

danny Administrator

The pictures are now up, I just had to moderate them.
    I will try and make it so that it goes up immedately from now on.

6. Finkenbusch

Finkenbusch Member

I get a errormessage reading - quore:

Warning: chdir() [function.chdir]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/dsacks7/public_html) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/dsacks6:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/dsacks6/public_html/gallery/gallery_global.php on line 57

Warning: require_once(./global.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/dsacks6/public_html/gallery/gallery_global.php on line 58

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required './global.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/dsacks6/public_html/gallery/gallery_global.php on line 58

7. Cobos

Cobos S60 owner since 2013

Dsacks can propably answer this 100% but I guess this is something that didn't survive the move to different server. In my own experience you at least need to spend some time reconfigurating such add-ons as galleries when you move. It's usually a lot of really tedious work :( but the admin will know.

Cobos

8. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

I've never found the gallery that useful. I think it's better to use a site like Flickr and link to or embed the images here. That way we don't use up too much of this site's resources. I think the only advantage of uploading images here is that only logged-in users can see them (if that's what you want for some reason). But then anyone can register for this site.