Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

There is one objective advantage the 3 has over the S and X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Minimalism.

I'm aware the S and X can be argued as faster cars or more "luxurious" (which is a subjective term) but in terms of minimalism, the 3 has them both beat. As a minimalist, this excites me. A dash that is cleaner along with a fob that is cleaner (having it being absorbed into your smartphone) are both things that the S and X do not currently offer.

Minimalism.

I'm aware the S and X can be argued as faster cars or more "luxurious" (which is a subjective term) but in terms of minimalism, the 3 has them both beat. As a minimalist, this excites me. A dash that is cleaner along with a fob that is cleaner (having it being absorbed into your smartphone) are both things that the S and X do not currently offer.
Model 3 is also half the price. :D

Dash is definitely more minimalist, not sure about the rest though. For instance Model S doesn't have the pockets in the doors and such while Model 3 has more conventional looking bits there.

But in any case, I agree with you that the clean dash is really nice looking I think it was a great call.

Yeah...surprised with all the Tesla tech.......why no HUD. A "super UGLY ! and boring" Camry has it.

I drove a Prius Prime with a color HUD..prob the same as the Camry...and it was really cool. Maybe Tesla will offer a OTA upgrade for the HUD ;).
If this is about the HUD, that horse has been beaten to death multiple times and then some. Also the Prius is uglier than the Camry, good luck with that one.

• Disagree
Reactions: SageBrush
If this is about the HUD, that horse has been beaten to death multiple times and then some. Also the Prius is uglier than the Camry, good luck with that one.

Sorry..wasnt paying attention to the beatings...what was the reason why a HUD wasn't included? Cuz we wouldn't care about such things cuz the intent of the car was because of FSD vaporware and some car sharing pipe dream?

Yep..Prius Prime is uglier...but it does come with a HUD (not mixed reality..but still cool..maybe next gen google glass or similar will take care of that), Heated Steering Wheel, Smart Key FOB...and prob wont have an overnight stay at the service center.

Reactions: sitter_k