Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

There is something really wrong with this company!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Tesla web page to manage my model X order by RN number says delivery will be in August, that is just three days from now. The sales person supposedly assigned to me Launren Fitcher in Rancho Cucumonga said her best guess is "the top of next year", like January or February 2022. I placed the order in Dec 2020.

Tesla is famous for moving dates forward and backward. But, right now almost all car companies are moving them backward because of chip and other component shortages. Dealership lots are empty and used cars are going for record prices.

My new X order shows Jan or Feb 2022. I think April is more realistic.

Reactions: FlyF4
The Tesla web page to manage my model X order by RN number says delivery will be in August, that is just three days from now. The sales person supposedly assigned to me Launren Fitcher in Rancho Cucumonga said her best guess is "the top of next year", like January or February 2022. I placed the order in Dec 2020.
Oh I don't think they are lying... They just selectively left out the year. August 2022... August 2023? Maybe.

Personally I am annoyed with the delivery date.. but what is frustrating is their lack of communication to the individuals laying out 6-figures. For that much money I think a personal email from a sales associate every few weeks is warranted.. But that will never happen because the sales team is in the dark just as much as the consumer.

Reactions: croman
But that will never happen because the sales team is in the dark just as much as the consumer.

I know this sounds crazy but “in the dark” goes a LOT further upstream than that.

I’m in the IT equipment business and I have open orders that list deliver times from 2 - 54 WEEKS. In other words, “we have no frickin clue…”

One of my primary suppliers - a household name - is telling me they’re short on resistors. Freakin’ resistors. They can’t assemble boards because they don’t have RESISTORS.

That’s how deep this parts shortage is going. It’s bad news.

Could Tesla improve communication? Sure. But, really, what would they say besides “We’re waiting on parts from our suppliers that have no idea when things will get to us.”

Certainly frustrating but we are living in some very interesting times …

• Informative
Reactions: jboy210
I know this sounds crazy but “in the dark” goes a LOT further upstream than that.

I’m in the IT equipment business and I have open orders that list deliver times from 2 - 54 WEEKS. In other words, “we have no frickin clue…”

One of my primary suppliers - a household name - is telling me they’re short on resistors. Freakin’ resistors. They can’t assemble boards because they don’t have RESISTORS.

That’s how deep this parts shortage is going. It’s bad news.

Could Tesla improve communication? Sure. But, really, what would they say besides “We’re waiting on parts from our suppliers that have no idea when things will get to us.”

Certainly frustrating but we are living in some very interesting times …
In this context, Tesla is doing pretty fabulous. Slow the entitlement, people!

(personal opinion only, not moderation content or representing anyone other than myself)
=========================================

I personally really (really really really) dislike "clickbait" style thread titles, of which this is assuredly one. The actual complaint is "I am frustrated because my delivery date keeps moving around". Thats a valid complaint, even though its explainable because of parts shortages, etc.

What ISNT valid (in my opinion) is this super alarmist / clickbait thread title, thats basically "You wont believe what Tesla has done NOW!!!!"

Is it really that hard to actually put a thread title which says what the thread is about? Whats wrong with ""Super Frustrated my delivery date keeps moving on this 90k car purchase!" or something?

(personal opinion only, not moderation content or representing anyone other than myself)

I personally really (really really really) dislike "clickbait" style thread titles, of which this is assuredly one. The actual complaint is "I am frustrated because my delivery date keeps moving around". Thats a valid complaint, even though its explainable because of parts shortages, etc.

What ISNT valid (in my opinion) is this super alarmist / clickbait thread title, thats basically "You wont believe what Tesla has done NOW!!!!"

Is it really that hard to actually put a thread title which says what the thread is about? Whats wrong with ""Super Frustrated my delivery date keeps moving on this 90k car purchase!" or something?
The date is not moving around there are two dates five months apart. One is August and the other is Jan/Feb next year. Both are coming from Tesla, one from the web site and one out of the mouth of an employee. They should get their stories together and not make predictions they can not back up.

The date is not moving around there are two dates five months apart. One is August and the other is Jan/Feb next year. Both are coming from Tesla, one from the web site and one out of the mouth of an employee. They should get their stories together and not make predictions they can not back up.

Ok, so your actual complaint right now is "My delivery date is not accurate". Its about to be "my delivery date keeps moving around", because no matter what date you have right now, its going to move, probably a few times. None of that has anything to do with this super clickbait thread title though, which as I said might as well be " you wont believe what tesla has done now!"

I personally really (really really really) dislike "clickbait" style thread titles,
Amen! Can I add a 4th "Really" to that dislike :)
Clickbait titles are my biggest waste of time on here. And I don't even bother to click on the ones that are totally nebulous. Such as "What do you think?" or "Help me with this?", etc.

OK folks I know how to fix this issue INSTANTLY... they need to start leaving out the YEAR and just put the month, that way it's half-somewhat accurate. "Your estimated delivery date is currently December."

:p

Alternately, just put "3 months maybe, 6 months definitely"