Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

There is talk of an announcement on 8/1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well... meanwhile in another thread:

Cars are arriving in US showrooms WITH the sensors installed. I just got confirmation the Gray car at the Fashion island Mall in CA has the sensors installed. I'm hoping to run over there and get pics, unless someone can beat me to it. Service center said they expected the options to go live yesterday, and isn't sure why they didn't.

We were at the UTC store in San Diego mulling over color choices tonight and the sales rep advised us that a "big" announcement was coming in the next day or so and we should hold off hitting the "confirm" button. She would not give any details but said it would be worth waiting for and NOT a price increase. Very interested in what's on the horizon.

The P85 lost a lot of standard features it looks like. The alcantara headliner is no longer standard ($1,500) nor is the carbon fiber spoiler (another $1,500). I don't know what the previous base price was, so maybe it's lowered a bit to compensate, but I'm doubtful.

Also a little disappointed that so many options require the tech package first. Air suspension, parking sensors, and fog lamps all require the tech package before you can option them in.

I just also noticed a lot of new wheel options opened up at the 19" size. I personally like the cyclone rims, but at $2,500 seem like a pricey option. The 21" wheels are now a $4,500 option. Those who bought P85s at the end of last year certainly seem to have gotten a great deal.

Last edited: