TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

There seem to be new options for Europe. Updates no later than April 15 !!!

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Benz, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Benz

Benz Active Member

Cold Weather Package
    Park Assist
    Lighting Package
    Security Package
    Performance Plus

Have a look at the forum on the Tesla Motors websit.

2. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

Here is the detail:

3. Johan

Johan Took a TSLA bear test. Came back negative.

I'm in awe. They did it again. The cold weather pack seems golden. Same with park assist which I assume is integrated with the 17" display.

4. celter

celter Member

You got to love this company. It will cost me, but what the heck. I want it all !!!

5. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

I hope they can retrofit some of that stuff into North American cars. Believe it or not, it gets cold in Canada too!

6. Right_Said_Fred

Right_Said_Fred Model S - Sig. 283 EU

#6 Right_Said_Fred, Apr 9, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
    No pricing yet.

The lighting option (imho the least attractive/necessary addition) is standard for Signatures. Would be nice if park assist would be become standard for Signatures, now that it looks a Signature does not even guarantee delivery before (Norwegian) P's. The extra value of a Signature is meager (if you know it costs a few thousand euros more and required a 7 times higher deposit).

EDIT:

Don't want to sound too much like a whiner: it's really great that Tesla has listened to customers' requests. These package will certainly broaden the customer base. The lack of parking sensors was a big obstacle for many people.

7. J in MN

J in MN S60 P12635

No heated steering wheel in the cold weather package? That is pretty useless.

8. celter

celter Member

A reservation holder in Norway got the prices in NOK: (Convertion rate: 0.175)

- Performance Plus NOK 36,700
    - Cold Weather Package NOK 8,500
    - Security Package NOK 2,300
    - Lighting Package NOK 2,300
    - Parking Sensors 2,850

9. Johan

All of it is a buy then for me except PPP, unledd they offer it at 10-15k NOK with the regular 19" wheels. The security pack seems a little useless though.

10. cdabel

cdabel Member

Sweet. Oh well, just added three new options to my growing list. I will really want the cold weather package, parking assist and lighting.

11. highfalutintodd

If I could get my US order upgraded with the Parking Sensors for $500 (which seems to be the USD equivalent), I'd jump on that in a heartbeat.... even if it put me to the back of the line for my multi-coat red again. ;-)

12. Right_Said_Fred

#12 Right_Said_Fred, Apr 9, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
    That sound reasonable. The parking sensors would be something like € 500 if I calculate right. We knew the performance package is expensive.

EDIT: 0.175 is the dollar rate. The euro rate is 0.135, which would mean a price of about € 400 for the parking sensors.

13. Johan

I think heated steering wheel is overrated. The missing thing with these new options is power folding mirrors.

14. celter

celter Member

I agree. Never felt the need for a heated steering wheel. Power folding mirrors , yes please !

15. Right_Said_Fred

Maybe those will be standard by the time European production starts in June (hope hope)

16. Oyvind.H

Oyvind.H Member

I agree. Due to the preheat option the cabin will always be warm before I get in, so no need for steeringwheel heater.

These options increased the price of my car with about 2 grand, and still I`m happy :)

17. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Damnit Tesla.... Now I want Performance Plus, Rear seat heating and Parking sensors. I hope they are all retrofittable. If not, might be time to start considering flipping this car and ordering another.

18. ebbrey

ebbrey Member

Amazing news! Been praying for some more options! Especially winter options. Yes power folding mirrors are one thing from the wish list that didnt pop, but heated front window would be the only thing really lacking to make it perfect now! This will sell even more cars! Yes Many exclamation points, but so damn happy!

19. maxbafh

maxbafh Member

Don't be mad at Tesla, I would be happy if I would have had the car for some time now, but still unable to get it any time soon. Even without the cool stuff now get's available I would like the car very much.

And yes I'm also happy to get the possible options, but wouldn't even think about it if they where not available at all

20. bhuwan

bhuwan Active Member

So am I able to change my US reservation with the new options?