Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

There seem to be new options for Europe. Updates no later than April 15 !!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I guess it's time to start the rumor that a future firmware release for Model S will support Flash? ;)

Somehow I think that wasn't your point...

Haha, yeah we can start the rumor. Somehow, I don't think too many people will fall for it. It was kind of amusing watching people wait and "insist" that flash was coming. In the mean time, everyone else was enjoying their phone.

I think Tesla is doing it right. Put out what you have, continue to improve. We've all been "conditioned" by the car industry to expect improvements with next year's model. Why would Telsa be constrained to operate that way? They build cars to order. Why not continually test out new features and offer those that work?

For those with "buyer's remorse", why not check out the aftermarket? Plenty of people will be happy to install stuff in your Tesla.

I think the "continuous improvement model" is going to be another way that Tesla revolutionizes the industry.

There will also be things that Tesla provides for retrofit (already most of the performance plus has been stated to be possible). If they can make money off it and still offer it at a price that people will pay, they will do it. I expect parking sensors to fall under that, but I could be wrong.

Tesla needs to elaborate what "improved defrost grill" means. I guess it can`t be the same as the fix for the fogging issue? Tesla couldn`t possibly try to charge Europeans money for a design flaw?

Well, if this fix has been lumped togehter with various new features in the winter package (battery heater, back seat heater, heated windshield wiper fluid nozzles etc) then how can we know how much, if any, of the total winter package price is due to this window defroster vent fix? Tesla could just argue, perhaps well within their right, that we they are charging for are the new features but that the fix is also included in the package "for free". The question is whether or not they will be doing the "fix" on cars without the winter pack as well (of course they should).

Haha, yeah we can start the rumor. Somehow, I don't think too many people will fall for it. It was kind of amusing watching people wait and "insist" that flash was coming. In the mean time, everyone else was enjoying their phone.

I think Tesla is doing it right. Put out what you have, continue to improve. We've all been "conditioned" by the car industry to expect improvements with next year's model. Why would Telsa be constrained to operate that way? They build cars to order. Why not continually test out new features and offer those that work?

For those with "buyer's remorse", why not check out the aftermarket? Plenty of people will be happy to install stuff in your Tesla.

I think the "continuous improvement model" is going to be another way that Tesla revolutionizes the industry.

Although I'll point out that since we're almost a year from when Tesla started shipping the Model S, it's not that different from next year's model.

The question is whether or not they will be doing the "fix" on cars without the winter pack as well (of course they should).
Indeed it is. Since I`m not interrested in all the other functions I`m afraid to miss a mandatory fix because if I don`t order the winter pack....
Afraid is maybe the wrong term, because Tesla will be forced to fix the fogging problem either way if they choose to ship cars to Norway with fogging issues.

After I wrote the "elaborate improved defrost grill" post I`ve heard that electrically heated front window might be in the winter pack. That`ll make it a definite buy!

Just emailed Elon, he confirmed that these options would be available as add-ons for US in 3-4 months. However the parking sensors require additional wiring so they may not be available if you already took delivery, however he said they are looking for sensors which don't stand out so much. Not sure if those will be available for those who already took delivery.
Ill just have mine installed from outside (although they cost 3x more).

Just emailed Elon, he confirmed that these options would be available as add-ons for US in 3-4 months. However the parking sensors require additional wiring so they may not be available if you already took delivery, however he said they are looking for sensors which don't stand out so much. Not sure if those will be available for those who already took delivery.

Oh man that sucks. But I am too impatient to eait

I'm soooo confused, when I finally reached my decision of which color the car will have, I have to take more decisions...
Does anyone order the P+?

The other packages are a must, but spending 37.000NOK additional for the P+? Ahhhh......:):(

I'm soooo confused, when I finally reached my decision of which color the car will have, I have to take more decisions...
Does anyone order the P+?

The other packages are a must, but spending 37.000NOK additional for the P+? Ahhhh......:):(
I don't think the P+ package is worth the money. It doesn't add much to value to your car, and the suspension tightening isn't worth $6500!

Can you PM Elon's email to me? Unless it's just [email protected], I have a couple business questions for him

Tesla needs to elaborate what "improved defrost grill" means. I guess it can`t be the same as the fix for the fogging issue? Tesla couldn`t possibly try to charge Europeans money for a design flaw?

I just did order mine and I didn't got the cold weather package as I think the other features are pointless. I hope that the fogging won't be much an issue but we'll see. As it is possible to fix this afterwards I'm sure it also will be possible to retrofit it, even thou it's probably more expensive than if you buy it in advance...