Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

There should be option to leave the headlights on for 30 seconds after parking...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This option exists already - at least it does in my Model 3. The lights stay on for a full minute, I believe, as they're still on by the time I'm inside my house.

From the Manual: "To turn this feature on or off, touch Controls > Lights > Settings > Headlights after Exit"

This option exists already - at least it does in my Model 3. The lights stay on for a full minute, I believe, as they're still on by the time I'm inside my house.

From the Manual: "To turn this feature on or off, touch Controls > Lights > Settings > Headlights after Exit"

I also having this setting turned on and my lights stay on after I exit the car and stay on until the car locks itself.

Reactions: evpulse
When I first read the title, I thought the OP didn't like the stay on for 1 minute option and wanted an additional option for 30 seconds.

You can adjust to automatically turn off after one minute or when you lock the 3:

Controls > Lights > Settings > Headlights after Exit

Coming from the Model X, I did find some options on the Model 3 harder to find. On Model X, you just have to move thru the tabs and all the options are there. On the 3, some tabs got 2nd level settings and also you got the Quick Control where you could only see the top level settings but to get to the others you have to move to the tab and then go to the 2nd level settings.

I'd like the ability to have the headlights shut off when you put it in park. I usually arrive to work early and sit in my car for 10 minutes in the dark, and it's annoying to have to manually shut off the headlights so they aren't lighting up the area like it's daytime.

I messed around with the settings and found it before coming back here to check for replies..ah those sub menus. I also found setting for turning on steering wheel lights. I had no idea it had lights lol. It looks so much cooler.

I messed around with the settings and found it before coming back here to check for replies..ah those sub menus. I also found setting for turning on steering wheel lights. I had no idea it had lights lol. It looks so much cooler.

I had the steering wheel lights off at first (they are virtually useless), but I still have a hard time at night having zero light coming from the (phantom) dashboard. Having the little lights helps a little although I am considering adding some ambient lights.

With it getting dark late, haven't driven at night much (I have a four year old so not many wild nights anymore). Once Winter rolls around, I will see if I get used to the vast darkness.

Given the amount of customizing we can do, I'm disappointed that Tesla doesn't give us actual selectable time options for things like dome lights, headlights on after exiting, time to lock doors after walking away/key removed etc... Also give us option to not auto lock doors while at a location such as home/garage sparing unnecessary wear and tear on battery, handles/mirrors etc. It also drives me nuts when I put my daughter in the RR door, heater comes on, stereo comes on and then everything shuts down and comes back on when I walk around the car to the drivers side, how about a simple selectable timer to leave this on instead of always cycling these systems.