Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

There was 3 Model 三 cars during the presentation, how many were used during the test drive?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

NeverFollow

Aug 9, 2010
I noticed that there was 3 Model 三 cars during the presentation.
I wonder how many were used during the test drive?

Also, beside the various colors, did anyone noticed any difference between them?

How late lasted the driving test? I think that there was at least 650 people present,
and there was 3 guests per car, and each test drive was like 5 minutes.

800 people - 650 owners with their +1, and 150 journalists.

In another thread, someone who was there and close to the stage said they could see the underside of the red car and noticed there was no battery in it.

For previous reveals (Model S & X), they had created a body model "roller" vehicle that could never be driven. Basically the design studio created a shell that they wanted the prototype builders to emulate. When I first saw the 3 reveal, I thought maybe the flat gray was the "roller" since it looked a bit more worn, and had model S style door handles. But now, I am thinking that the Red could be the "roller" (has to be pushed onto stage), since we saw the flat gray giving test rides. I wonder if they decided to go with the S style door handles instead of the L shaped ones?

Then how did it drive on to the stage???
Beats me, I wasn't there. I'm just relaying what someone who was there said.

On the video feed, they turned the lights down, zoomed in, and then switched from the video feed to the video showing closeups of various angles. When they cut back to the live feed of the event, the red car was already there. The other two drove onto the stage, and the stage lights came up.

If you were watching remotely (like me) you couldn't see the red car. Cut from view of the stage with no cars, cut back with car there.