Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

There's a New Wheel in Town!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

bxr140

Nov 18, 2014
Bay Area
So commuting on Deer Creek has its advantages. Of course there's all manner of MFG plated Teslas, with all manner of interesting unique things going on with them...of course there's plenty of early M3 sightings (and MX before that). Most flash by in an instant, most aren't really worth mentioning on TMC. (Does anyone care that I quite literally see 1-2 M3s daily, and have for months?)

That said, this one caught my eye enough to try and snap a photo. Of course I clicked at just the wrong time so its mostly hidden by my mirror, but I think that makes it more fun as a teaser. Bottom line is there's a new wheel rolling around on some MFG model esses. Its a twin 5 spoke, probably 21" (outside chance its 22"), and its definitely OEM. You know how all aftermarket wheels look like aftermarket wheels? This is not that. Its definitely more aggressive than the turbines with more of an outtie bow on the spokes, but it definitely looks like it was designed by someone who had the Tesla image/brand in mind. I've seen them in this black-ish (similar-ish to the black X wheels) and a standard-ish silver color.

I'll grab another shot when its safe, but I wanted to post this mostly because someone needs to win the internet today. (Marginally related, RIP Hardwick.)

Also, if this is already common knowledge, then the joke's on me. :p Otherwise, bxr FTW. :D

fad347bf-b559-49f4-b6ae-e4645b9f3b21.JPG

Well, it's entirely possible the jokes on me. :confused:

No worries - Arachnids just recently started filtering in from the referral program. So they are fairly rare installed right now. I have two sets for my cars I bought from members here, just waiting to get time to take the car in for install.

They are an awesome option if you want to go 21". Lighter than the turbines since they are forged and they are a staggered setup.

Reactions: bxr140