Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"There's going to be a dedicated robotaxi, it's going to look quite futuristic"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Because you equate them with minivans? ;)
I love minivans!
It's funny because I always thought SUVs were stupid and then I realized that you can get a lot of cool places with a 4x4 so I bought one. However, if you're not doing anything tougher than a graded dirt road and you want to transport passengers in comfort, minivans are the best. What I really want is a station wagon Model 3, the Model Y is hideous.

Reactions: Goose66
I love minivans!
It's funny because I always thought SUVs were stupid and then I realized that you can get a lot of cool places with a 4x4 so I bought one. However, if you're not doing anything tougher than a graded dirt road and you want to transport passengers in comfort, minivans are the best. What I really want is a station wagon Model 3, the Model Y is hideous.
You could have loved the Peugeot 1007?
The french know how to do it different.
Screenshot_20220421-221158_Chrome.jpg

Zoox claims level 5 but they will only operate in Dense Urban Environments.

That video is wrong. Zoox does not claim level 5. There is no such as level 5 that only operates in dense urban environments. If it only operates in dense urban environments then it is level 4 by definition. Whoever made the video, does not understand the levels, and just slapped a "level 5" sticker on it without paying attention. Also, that video is not from Zoox. It is from Innovation Now TV about Zoox. And note that the narrator voice is robotic. So they took some videos from Zoox and added some computer generated narration on top to create an easy video.

Last edited:
He will definitely do surround (or complete 180 forward) imaging radars. He will say its to increase the safety to an imaginary "10x" or "100x" better than a human. You know how he throws out meanless numbers because he knows the gullible will lap it up. There were sightings of Teslas with surround radar recently. I don't think its just for training and data collection. Of-course the fanbase will say that Elon invented a new sensor that puts them 10 years ahead of everyone when others have already been using even higher resolution imaging radar for several years already.

High frequency (77 GHz) imaging radars were always the right solution, not lidar, or low resolution monocular vision. Even for vision-only they should be using stereo and 4x the pixel density to come within a league of humans.

Elon, Autonomy Day, April 2019:

“At some point, you won’t need steering wheels or pedals and we’ll just delete those. As these things become less and less important, we’ll just delete parts. Probably 2 years from now, we’ll make a car that has no steering wheels or pedals.”

It’s now..2022…

Elon, Autonomy Day, April 2019:

“At some point, you won’t need steering wheels or pedals and we’ll just delete those. As these things become less and less important, we’ll just delete parts. Probably 2 years from now, we’ll make a car that has no steering wheels or pedals.”

It’s now..2022…
halfway there.
1650600101762.png