Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thermostat Settings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I asked for this a long time ago. Doesn't make sense to own a smartphone on wheels and have to turn the thermostat up and down during the day. Not all of us need a constant temp. I like the idea of not heating in the morning and not cooling in the afternoon. At home there's often at least a couple of degrees between heat and cool, why can't we have it in our smartphone on wheels too?

I also asked for eco mode where most of the heat would come from the heated seats (auto controlled from the thermostat), like my Volts had when in eco mode. The seat heater would come on automatically and we loved that.

Love this car and best car we've ever owned, but it could be so much more awesome!

Last edited:
Amen!

Even just a "vent only" setting would be helpful. Most smart thermostats that control both heating and cooling temps support a "dead zone" where it will do neither. Really wish it was possible to do this in the Tesla, but alas, it's not. Instead, during fall and spring you have to turn down the temp in the morning so you aren't getting heat, and then turn it back up in the afternoon so you aren't getting blasted with AC.

Amen!

Even just a "vent only" setting would be helpful. Most smart thermostats that control both heating and cooling temps support a "dead zone" where it will do neither. Really wish it was possible to do this in the Tesla, but alas, it's not. Instead, during fall and spring you have to turn down the temp in the morning so you aren't getting heat, and then turn it back up in the afternoon so you aren't getting blasted with AC.
vent only with outside air coming in. the early morning commute in will often have the inside of the cabin warmer than the outside air and the AC/vents won't turn on.

obviously, roll down the windows... but you know, maybe i don't want to hear all the wind noise at 6a.