Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

These rattles are driving me nuts!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve had a rattle in the rear of my vehicle since purchase. It’s been in for service/had someone come out at least 4 times already (spent 1.5-2 weeks in the service center).

each time they say they fixed it and either they don’t or it comes back in a couple weeks.

my car is 5 months old with less than 2k miles on it. What can I do about this??

I’ve had a rattle in the rear of my vehicle since purchase. It’s been in for service/had someone come out at least 4 times already (spent 1.5-2 weeks in the service center).

each time they say they fixed it and either they don’t or it comes back in a couple weeks.

my car is 5 months old with less than 2k miles on it. What can I do about this??

Not sure if this could be your problem but.... When I just had mobile service out for a Homelink install on Friday I mentioned a terrible loud clanking rattling coming from somewhere near the passenger side door. He checked everything out and found nothing. But he did mention that he’s seen similar complaints and it turned out it was the seatbelt rattling against the frame. He said the rear ones could be tucked or fixed not to rattle, but not the passenger seat belt. I may have to find some kind of silicone wrap for it. And I still have to test if that’s the cause. Anyone found a fix for this? My car only has 175 miles on it. And I’ve only heard it on a bumpy left-curving highway on-ramp, so he’s probably right. Anyway, hope you find the cause of your rattle!

Not sure if this could be your problem but.... When I just had mobile service out for a Homelink install on Friday I mentioned a terrible loud clanking rattling coming from somewhere near the passenger side door. He checked everything out and found nothing. But he did mention that he’s seen similar complaints and it turned out it was the seatbelt rattling against the frame. He said the rear ones could be tucked or fixed not to rattle, but not the passenger seat belt. I may have to find some kind of silicone wrap for it. And I still have to test if that’s the cause. Anyone found a fix for this? My car only has 175 miles on it. And I’ve only heard it on a bumpy left-curving highway on-ramp, so he’s probably right. Anyway, hope you find the cause of your rattle!

I actually thought that was the case and I’ve had them buckled in it in just to be sure. It’s not the seatbelt but that is a cause of some rattles.

I actually tried looking for some sort of a loop system that would keep the seatbelt connected closer to the headrest. Sort of like what you see in convertibles

Sounds familiar. I had this happen in an Acura MDX whereas I had to keep them constantly padded. I guess some cars have that issue except not in my Tesla.

Thanks. Guess I'll just keep the passenger side plugged in. Any reason not to? Does it affect climate control/vent or anything? I seem to remember people posting about some change in air circulation when there was someone in the passenger seat versus not. Dunno how the Tesla senses a passenger (weight on seat probably)?

I notice a rattle from rear passenger side from time to time. I thought it was the seatbelt but ruled that out. I believe it is the rear seat bench because if I push on it while parked I can replicate the noise I hear; when I had someone in that seat I did not notice the noise. Tends to make noise on bumpy roads. I have not discussed with service yet but plan to do so whenever I make an appointment.