TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

They do exist

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by beantownrich, Apr 3, 2018.

1. beantownrich

beantownrich Member

I know Californians have seen these on the road for months but it's a rare sighting here in Massachusetts. Saw my first in motion Model 3 on the Mass Pike headed West tonight Red with Aeros. I've seen them on the lots at Dedham and at the Pru but seeing it driving was pure excitement. I gave the driver a honk and a wave. Sorry if I startled you, just excited for the possibility that I might actually see my car soon (wishful thinking?)!

• Like x 3
  2. Jgordonma

Jgordonma Member

Ha, that might have been me if it was around 6-ish, since that's my configuration, but if it was I didn't notice the honking/waving.

• Funny x 4
  3. karmamule

karmamule Member

Did you get your VIN yet? I just configured and placed my order last week. Here's hoping you might see me on the area roads in Boston metrowest area sometime in May!

4. novox77

novox77 1.21 Gigawatts

I drove down and up I93 today in my Model 3 :) Passed 1 tesla, a Model S. They didn't notice me :(

5. Marsnaut

Marsnaut Member

I saw one a midnight silver one this weekend on the I-95 right before heading onto the I-93. Rhode Island plates but we were in MA at the time. Almost got to the point where I was tailgating the car.

6. TheLocNar

TheLocNar Member

I saw a black M3 last week in Deerfield, IL turning west on Lake Cook Rd. from southbound Waukegan Rd. I was getting gas (heh) at the Shell.

7. beantownrich

beantownrich Member

If you got off in Natick/F-Ham! Then I'd feel less absurd about my friendly honky :)

8. MyJoule

MyJoule Member

We've seen 4 in Seattle 1 a month ago and 3 in the last week- 2 blue, 1 silver and 1 black. So they are starting to be around. They look good. Here's a picture of one charging in Lynnwood the other day along with 6 of his friends :) IMG_1385.jpg

• Like x 1
  9. Jgordonma

Jgordonma Member

Yeah! And now that I think about it, I do remember hearing honking on the way home and just assuming that I or someone else had been doing something stupid. You'll have to forgive me, I've only had the car for a few days and I'm not used to driving something people are excited about :D

• Like x 1