Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

They solved ghosting on windshield

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was one of the earlier owners that complained alot about double vision in the forum, I remember we mostly agreed that ghosting was a issue every Model X had and no owner had experienced in one andnot on the other. Well im happy to say that is not the case anymore. Yesterday i took a loaner home and it does not have ghosting. Should I ask them to change my windshield now ? Do all Model X's come without ghosting lately ?

Hm.... have to see when I get mine... if they switched to a newer supplier, there will be a rash of people wanting replacements and trying to convince Tesla to swap! Or that loaner could just be a lucky sample!

Anyone else with recent X's have good/bad experiences?

Dec. 2016 build here, no noticeable ghosting but suddenly there is a proliferation of hairline stress fractures in my windshield, and a few in my rear window. Have SC appointment next week, should get replaced under warranty.

Please take pics of the Tesla emblem on the windshield so we can see the part number and revision of windshields that you think don't have ing

Attachments

• IMG_5580.JPG
    IMG_5580.JPG
    238 KB · Views: 214
  • Informative
Reactions: Discoducky
I was one of the earlier owners that complained alot about double vision in the forum, I remember we mostly agreed that ghosting was a issue every Model X had and no owner had experienced in one andnot on the other. Well im happy to say that is not the case anymore. Yesterday i took a loaner home and it does not have ghosting. Should I ask them to change my windshield now ? Do all Model X's come without ghosting lately ?

Mine definitely has some. Doesn't bother me a ton but if there is a fix, I definitely would want it... did you ask your SC?

Zero ghosting on my X. Took delivery two months ago.

But I'm getting a new windshield.

There's a dip in it on the passengers side. (Yes the glass curves INWARD) and the sun visor can't open as it hits the glass.
Interesting. My X is a June 2017 build, and while I have no ghosting my windshield has a dip on the drivers side. It's easy to feel with my hand, but I cannot detect any visual distortion and it does not interfere with the sun visors when they are extended and connected to the center support magnets. I'm not concerned about the windshield and as of now will not be asking Tesla to replace it. But if the dip did interfere with the visors that would certainly be a problem and I understand why you are asking for a replacement.

• Informative
Reactions: dragonxt
Interesting. My X is a June 2017 build, and while I have no ghosting my windshield has a dip on the drivers side. It's easy to feel with my hand, but I cannot detect any visual distortion and it does not interfere with the sun visors when they are extended and connected to the center support magnets. I'm not concerned about the windshield and as of now will not be asking Tesla to replace it. But if the dip did interfere with the visors that would certainly be a problem and I understand why you are asking for a replacement.
Does it interfere with range? The aerodynamics / drag gotta be affected, right?