Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thick layer of dust from forest service road on inside side door and hatchback window jams. Solution?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took my first forest road drive yesterday for about 15 miles. When got home thick layer of road dust inside door and hatchback jams. Saw one other post about this and mentioning a basenor door jam kit. My questions are why is this happening on a $60+k SUV and any good solutions

Yea, I get tons of dust in the door sills every time we go hiking. I've been considering getting an extra set of door sill gaskets that are normally marketed for "noise reduction" but don't actually do much - based on my experience on Model 3. They did keep the dirt out quite well on the model 3 but not sure how well they will work, particularly on the Model Y hatchback.

Yea, I get tons of dust in the door sills every time we go hiking. I've been considering getting an extra set of door sill gaskets that are normally marketed for "noise reduction" but don't actually do much - based on my experience on Model 3. They did keep the dirt out quite well on the model 3 but not sure how well they will work, particularly on the Model Y hatchback.
Thank you. The hatchback is where most of the dirt came in. Guess maybe to be expected given how the hatchback window sits more horizontally than vertically