TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Things 17.3.2 fixed in my S

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Patrick W, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Patrick W

Patrick W Active Member

Has anyone else noticed things 17.3.2 fixed? Not new features but stuff from before that's now better.

In my S:

1) The exterior rear view mirrors, especially the one on the driver side, would not deploy completely.

After 17.3.2 they both now work fine.

2) Would not connect reliably to even strong wifi signals and once finally connected would not stay connected very long.

After 17.3.2 it's connecting even to the less-than-strong wifi signal in my garage as soon as I pull in and stays connected.

3) LTE rarely showed more than 3 bars, even in the city.

After 17.3.2 doing better even in my garage.

2. pilotSteve

pilotSteve Member

Cool....I did not have any of those problems befor or after 17.3.2. I do reboot after every update and sometimes every week just because....

3. chillaban

chillaban Active Member

I wonder if the 17.x.x release is based off a newer OS/kernel....

4. dss33

dss33 Member

Funny you should mention #1. My driver side mirror was having that issue and SC replaced the whole unit. When I spoke with the shop foreman later, he noted that there was a change in the software/firmware that made those mirrors a bit more sensitive/less powerful and that it probably didn't need a replacement (and that it just needed to be corrected with an OTA update). I think your experience confirms this.

5. Gur814

Gur814 Member

Interesting to hear about the mirrors. My driver's side has been nothing but trouble. It's now permanently stuck unfolded.

6. Patrick W

Patrick W Active Member

I stopped by the service center last week and they suggested waiting until after the update to have any work done. He, like your guy, figured it was a software issue. Looks like they were both right.

BTW, to temporarily fix it he grabbed the mirror and physically pushed it back. It made a very audible "snap" sound but he said not to worry. It stayed that way until the update when, as I said before, it started working fine.

7. Patrick W

Patrick W Active Member

Perhaps you could do as with mine and have the service center shove it into the fully deployed position. At least that will get you a functioning mirror until they can fix it.

8. Andyw2100

Andyw2100 Supporting Member

@Gur814 said his mirror was permanently stuck UNFOLDED. So it sounds like it is already in the functioning position.

9. Gur814

Gur814 Member

This is correct... Although I unintentionally did what the service center did to Patrick's mirror. When I first got the car it would fold most of the way and only require a small push to get it to fully deploy. One day it made the loud snap though and hasn't been able to fold since. Thankfully it's in the deployed position so all is good until I can take it in or undo what I did and see if this software fixes it. I'll try tomorrow morning.

10. Deans

Deans Member

The software update improved my mirros a lot. But they still get stuck about 20% of the time. Before the update, they got stuck100% of the time. I think tthe update increased the resistance needed to stop the mirrors. But in my case, that setting is still too low.

11. mikerathbun

mikerathbun Supporting Member

Elon specifically mentioned that 8.1 would have the new kernel. I would imagine the 8.1 software with the new kernel is in its own branch with patching done on both and different testing and maybe even different testing vehicles.

12. whitex

whitex Active Member

17.3.2 did not fix the mirror on our 2017 Model S :(. It still doesn't unfold, or fold completely, nor does it auto-tilt or save/restore position when changing driver profiles. It also sometimes just goes "limp" and partially folds in the wind while driving (we have auto-fold disabled so it's not because it didn't unfold correctly).

13. Gur814

Gur814 Member

Yikes. That sounds way worse than most issues. Even when mine weren't unfolding properly, they still tilted just fine. I have had the limp issue though.... that sounded better in my head.

• Funny x 3
  14. OBX John

OBX John Autonomous Driving Enthusiast

My homelink has been opening and closing the garage door without extra touches - three times in a row now. Maybe I'm just getting lucky.

15. zambono

zambono Member

I have the issue with #1 still on 22, and there is a thread about it

16. wesley888

wesley888 Member

Do you have LED bulb in your garage door opener or in the garage?

17. OBX John

OBX John Autonomous Driving Enthusiast

Nope, I had done all the standard fixes suggested by others on the board. It just started working after the previous update.

18. theslimshadyist

theslimshadyist NashVegas!

The auto headlights now work properly for me.

19. croman

croman Active Member

Since you are on a P100D I think you missed out on the "shadow" update which fixed that for everyone else. That hasn't been an issue for me since .180 (but I'm lucky in that regard and MASSIVELY unlucky in that I'm still missing out on 17.3.2).

20. byt

byt Member

I have the issue with my passenger side mirror, which is more annoying because I can't roll down my window to fix it unless I slide over. I'll have to see if the update fixes that. I also have a strange Bluetooth issue, I can't play my podcasts or music off of my cell until I first initiate or receive a call, then when the call hangs up I can hear the audio. Hope the update can fix that as well. I also can't get the garage door to open/close at the spot I set them up at and I'm not sure how to solve that. When I have time I'll try to delete the garage door profile and start it again. I am super excited about EAP software and trying that out with extreme caution. How many car lengths are you set to for TACC? It feels like even 1 car length is too much when in slow in road traffic. Haven't had a chance to test it on the Highway yet.

NOTE: I tried several hard resets of the Infotainment and HUD to try to resolve it without luck.