Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Things I learned about Slacker Streaming

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did a quick video recently on the premium upgrade of Slacker. I also noticed how to reset your playlist without having to wait a day or so based on what others are saying. Option 1 is reset the display by holding down the two scroll wheels on your steering wheel. Option 2 is to sign out and sign right back in.

Bump: rather than start a new thread, I thought I'd ask here if anyone has solved the "song resumes/song restarts" question.

In my X, the song that was playing when I got out of the car always restarts when I get back in the car. Doesn't matter if it is overnight, for five minutes, for an hour, etc. Always the song restarts.

Presently I have a loaner and its Slacker resumes the song that was previously playing at the spot it was at when I got out.

How do I choose which I want? Can I choose? Or is it just quirky?

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Bump: rather than start a new thread, I thought I'd ask here if anyone has solved the "song resumes/song restarts" question.

In my X, the song that was playing when I got out of the car always restarts when I get back in the car. Doesn't matter if it is overnight, for five minutes, for an hour, etc. Always the song restarts.

Presently I have a loaner and its Slacker resumes the song that was previously playing at the spot it was at when I got out.

How do I choose which I want? Can I choose? Or is it just quirky?

:confused::confused::confused::confused:
Mine always restarts, I would be interested to know also!

I have the standard Tesla account on my Model X. Can someone tell me how to unselect the thumbs down on a song that I accidentally hit? Regardless of how I ask for it, it won't play that song anymore. I've read that apparently once you select Thumbs Down, it won't play that song anymore regardless of what is done...

Just waking this thread up. Has anyone figured out how to add custom stations to the UI with the latest slacker web UI? All the recommendations I've seen are that you should "hit the 3-dots and add the custom station to 'My Music'" but I don't see that option anymore.

Just waking this thread up. Has anyone figured out how to add custom stations to the UI with the latest slacker web UI? All the recommendations I've seen are that you should "hit the 3-dots and add the custom station to 'My Music'" but I don't see that option anymore.

I do it from the car. Search for the artist and then if you favorite it, it'll create a station from that artist.

Ok,
I was able to get my Account email & password for my Model S by emailing [email protected]. But not for my Model 3
Their response:

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for contacting Tesla Customer Support. Below are the login credentials for your vehicle’s Slacker Radio account:
Model 3 VIN: XXXXXXXXXX...
We do not have access to Model 3 Slacker accounts at this time. We do apologize for the inconvenience.

Model S 100D VIN: XXXXXXXXXX...
Account Username: #######@teslamotors.com
Account Password: xxxxxxxxxxxx

We do not recommend that you change the account password as this can affect your access to the account in the future should the password be lost.

Please visit our Support Page, which covers frequently asked questions about Tesla and your vehicle. If you have any further questions or concerns, you can reach Customer Support 24/7 at [email protected] or by phone at 1-877-79-TESLA (83752).

Jessica S. | Customer Support
6800 Dumbarton Circle, Fremont, CA 94555
p. (877) 798-3752 | [email protected]

Ok,
I was able to get my Account email & password for my Model S by emailing [email protected]. But not for my Model 3
Their response:

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for contacting Tesla Customer Support. Below are the login credentials for your vehicle’s Slacker Radio account:
We do not have access to Model 3 Slacker accounts at this time. We do apologize for the inconvenience.

We do not recommend that you change the account password as this can affect your access to the account in the future should the password be lost.

Please visit our Support Page, which covers frequently asked questions about Tesla and your vehicle. If you have any further questions or concerns, you can reach Customer Support 24/7 at [email protected] or by phone at 1-877-79-TESLA (83752).

Has anyone figured out how to turn on ABC news updates on a Model 3 without the user email & password?
With my Model S I login to the Slacker iOS App with the user email & Password Telsa emailed me & modify the player settings. (See screenshot) Any ideas? Other than Slacker Premium?
013B2DEE-C664-4402-9B31-B50A419BF06B.jpeg

Are you able to create customized stations then with multiple artists? I have a pandora station I love and I'd like to recreate it on the Tesla with Slacker. If I can do it with the account provided I don't see why I should pay for the slacker account.

Ok,
Their response:

Hello Daniel,

Are you able to create customized stations then with multiple artists? I have a pandora station I love and I'd like to recreate it on the Tesla with Slacker. If I can do it with the account provided I don't see why I should pay for the slacker account.
You can basically create one customize station that has multiple artists sort of.
Every time you thumbs up a song, it goes into your favorite station.
So the favorite station will be comprised of songs based on everything you ever thumbed up.

The Tesla account credentials allow you to login to the website but it is a "basic" subscription account and you can't create multiple playlists/stations/etc. For that you need a premium subscription. I bit the bullet and subscribed. I build playlists/stations on the website and then the are added to the car.

The Tesla account credentials allow you to login to the website but it is a "basic" subscription account and you can't create multiple playlists/stations/etc. For that you need a premium subscription. I bit the bullet and subscribed. I build playlists/stations on the website and then the are added to the car.

Let me make sure I've got you right. You signed up for your own Slacker subscription, built your own playlists, and then went to your car and from THERE, signed over your Tesla subscription, and signed in with your new paid subscription instead?

Also, were you able to upgrade the sound quality by raising the "bps" or whatever it's called?

Let me make sure I've got you right. You signed up for your own Slacker subscription, built your own playlists, and then went to your car and from THERE, signed over your Tesla subscription, and signed in with your new paid subscription instead?

Also, were you able to upgrade the sound quality by raising the "bps" or whatever it's called?

Slacker Radio Premium experience

• Love
Reactions: avesraggiana