Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Things I learned about Slacker Streaming

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@RangerRick - I'm having the same problem. Wife got me a Premium Slacker subscription for Christmas, and we set it up with a bunch of custom stations. In my M3, I logged out of the Tesla-version account and logged into Slacker using the new account she made, but it doesnt show any of the stations we made.

Have logged out and then back in a few times, but same result. Were you able to get it to work?

I signed up for the Slacker package that was below premium (I forget what it’s called but it was dirt cheap) and my stations show up on my iphone slacker account, model 3 slacker app and Jeep CarPlay with Slacker App.

Yeah I still havent gotten the custom stations to show up in the car. This was the reason we decided to upgrade our Slacker subscription above the default tesla level.

Just to clarify, by "custom stations" I mean you can make a station using three or four different bands, and then make up a name for it. Its great because the station has a little more variety but is still the stuff you like.

Havent tried playlists, but that just seems like too much work.

Reactions: RangerRick
The main feature I was looking for when upgrading to premium was to be able to play full albums. No matter what, I haven't find a way to do it. I guess I'm going back to the plus account provided by Tesla. Not worth the 10$ per month.

The main feature I was looking for when upgrading to premium was to be able to play full albums. No matter what, I haven't find a way to do it. I guess I'm going back to the plus account provided by Tesla. Not worth the 10$ per month.

We have been able to add (on a pc or ios app) and play full albums in our Tesla since day one on our Slacker premium account. It is totally able to do exactly what you were asking.

So how would you play a specific song?

Either by saying “play *** by ###” and it will play it. Or you can type it in and click it. Either way you can play a specific song.

If you want to play a specific song from an album, add the album too your slacker account playlists and it will show up in your car and you can click on any track as well as have the ability to scrub.

Just ran out to my car and did it twice. Recorded the 2nd time so you can see how it works.

So I did the same and indeed I can play this album without issue. I think my confusion came from the fact that Slacker will disply 'albums' in the album tab even when they are not real ones. Searching from some less known/mainstream albums will result in 'the name of the album' radio playing instead. With some music from the said album, and some other songs from the same artist or similar artist. If only the album tab could show only real full albums :(

Thanks for the investigation!